GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Wayne on 11 October 2008, 09:34
-
Quick question.
Does the front bumper need removing to change the headlamps please.
-
no mate, u need to take ur grill off tho, just unclips. then u'll have 3 or 4 bolts to do do each side...
-
You coulda asked me this lol!
There are 4 bolts, two on top of the headlamp and two under the bottom (behind where the grill comes off).
Piece of cake, even I did it haha!
-
You coulda asked me this lol!
There are 4 bolts, two on top of the headlamp and two under the bottom (behind where the grill comes off).
Piece of cake, even I did it haha!
I remembered after posting that you have just done it.
Cheers
-
ends up like this
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2090/2268984931_912cb47e44.jpg)
btw... you'll find the bolts a lot easier if you use a small socket wrench - 8mm iirc :wink:
-
its so easy our lass could do it with great ease
-
just remember bottom clips need to be lifted up i usually use a flat blade screw driver to realse them and top clips need to be pushed down to realse them
-
I also find smashing you car into a transit van or a lamp post removes the lights just fine ;)