GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: admc6 on 07 October 2008, 12:39

Title: Tyre choice..
Post by: admc6 on 07 October 2008, 12:39
Now i know this topic will have been round before, but hey ho.

I need to get myself 2 new front tyres and was wanting some advice on what to get. I currently have some toyo proxies on, which are great in the dry but not brilliant in the wet.

What have you all got? and opinions please
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: boneybradley on 07 October 2008, 13:13
I am running fulda sempario's on the front and allthough they didnt get the best reviews on blackcircles.com they are much better in wet and feel better when dry than the federal I had before (which got a better rating too!!)
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: VeeDubClub on 07 October 2008, 14:13
I have uniroyal rainsport all round... They do the job just fine in the dry and also in the wet! They were on the car when i bought it so not sure on the price but i dont think they are too bad!
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: kells on 07 October 2008, 14:20
i only have 2 words to say and thats all im gonna say....YOKOHAMA PARADA
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: VeeDubClub on 07 October 2008, 14:25
i only have 2 words to say and thats all im gonna say....YOKOHAMA PARADA

I had some on my driver.. Found they were ok but expensive and didnt last that long because there quite soft compound
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: kernow-8v on 07 October 2008, 17:23
i only have 2 words to say and thats all im gonna say....YOKOHAMA PARADA

theres a man whos good with words lol awesome tyre
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: MrTurner on 07 October 2008, 20:25
I was going to drop to 195 profile to get Eagle F1's.  Lot cheaper than 205's too.
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: LazyLunatic on 07 October 2008, 21:15
eagle f1's are good, but the uniroyal rainsports are damn good.

LL ;)
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: admc6 on 07 October 2008, 22:56
I'm sure i have the uniroyals on the back, but will have to check in morning, they seem good. Not heard of the fulda sempario's but will have a look into it.

Cheers for your opinions
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: Mikester on 08 October 2008, 08:26
Just put 4  new eagle f1's on my car for winter, always use them, very good in the wet.
Title: Re: Tyre choice..
Post by: oliver07 on 13 October 2008, 02:37
seen some for sale on here look up under the classifides  :grin: