GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Shady Pioneer on 07 October 2008, 09:30
-
Anyone know? LOL! There's like 2 - 4 loose wires that need to be wired into the sidelights, but two things:
1. Where do I locate the sidelight wiring?
2. How do I connect the loose wires to the sidelight wiring?
-
Ok I got them in, and they work off the normal plug for the standard lights, but the halo rings don't light up...I'm assuming that's something to do with the red, and black wire that are loose atm, any help?
-
cant help ya with the wiring but i know they dont work very well in the dark
-
What doesn't work well in the dark? angel eyes?
If that's the case, I'd have to disagree, I just did a test in my garage and the way I had the car positioned the original lights were nowhere near as bright as the angel eyes. :grin:
-
yours might be different then because my friend has them with a mk 4 and they aint that bright at night
-
Yeah probs that, I got these ones:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEADLIGHTS-VW-GOLF-MK3-ANGEL-EYES-CHROME-BLACK_W0QQitemZ300264260290QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300264260290&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
-
I'm still delusional on how to get the halo rings to work lol! Help?
-
leave the rings turned off :sick:
-
But they look nice kells lol!
-
But they look nice kells lol!
look alot better with the rings off tho :wink:
-
But they look nice kells lol!
look alot better with the rings off tho :wink:
i know where this is going! :grin:
did you not have destructions with the lights? :huh:
-
LOL @ Guy :grin: :grin: :grin: always at the brunt of the angel eye saga's hahaha, you got hellas mann, no need to worry :cool:
-
Now I like the Hella ones, but...I'm not too fond on the amount of chrome if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong they look ace on Guy's car, but black angel eyes are more suited to Dragon Green. :D
-
agreed :wink:
-
agreed :wink:
Agreed to what? LOL! :huh:
-
black angel eyes suit dragon green, i think anyway!
they do mint kells, totally changes front end. cant wait to see it with indicators etc.
LL ;)
-
:D
Nah nah, LL likes it Kells lol! :P
To be fair, as LL said it does change the front end, good thing is it doesn't look chavvy, it may not be completely OEM but still.
-
i want a set of hella twins bad, but so hard to find!!!
OEM ftw but still, looks good with them angel eyes. ohh and only guy can pull off crystal lights!
LL ;)
-
Oh for sure, Guy is the only guy that could do that (see what I did there lol).
Also love how it shines when he's cleaned it. Plus great choice in alloys ;)
-
i want a set of hella twins bad, but so hard to find!!!
OEM ftw but still, looks good with them angel eyes. ohh and only guy can pull off crystal lights!
LL ;)
your on the right track matey :wink:
and shady i agree yours look better than what chromed ones would, but id still not wire up the halo rings id just leave them as they are :cool:
-
Oh for sure, Guy is the only guy that could do that (see what I did there lol).
Also love how it shines when he's cleaned it. Plus great choice in alloys ;)
:embarassed: all embarrassed now... not used to praise like that!
cheque is in the post :afro:
-
they go to the battery mate, just dont leave them on else it'll drain it...
-
^^^
I've been told how to do it now buddy, thanks for the input anyway though :)
Guy, how much is the cheque for? :P
-
Same set as i bought for mine, but i paid £147 inc P&P lol...
Wire the black wires to the black wire on the plug, then the red ones to the white wire on the plug then dont fit sidelight bulbs into the outer ones (Im turning them into indicators).
Easy job looks great :)
Pic:
(http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc324/glowgtdi/DSC00028-1.jpg)