GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: kcolevol on 02 August 2008, 11:22

Title: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: kcolevol on 02 August 2008, 11:22
Anyone have a site or link that tells me exactly what needs to be done for a KO4 turbo conversion? Saw Ashes one and thats some of me!! Would appriciate the help guys!!

Cheers
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: linz on 02 August 2008, 13:47
ashmond will no but basically you wil have to upgrade everything...pistons lines ect alot of the parts you'd get off and audi s3.. i looked into it myself and decided the costs werent worth it for me..
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: richw911 on 02 August 2008, 14:21
 You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: GTi-Matt on 02 August 2008, 15:07
You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:

everything but the kitchen sink, if your lucky enough to find a scrap yard with a s3 in get the engine would be alot easier!!!!!
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: Jamm89 on 02 August 2008, 15:43
You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:

everything but the kitchen sink, if your lucky enough to find a scrap yard with a s3 in get the engine would be alot easier!!!!!

The engine you would need is a BAM. I think. lol
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: richw911 on 02 August 2008, 15:47
You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:

everything but the kitchen sink, if your lucky enough to find a scrap yard with a s3 in get the engine would be alot easier!!!!!

The engine you would need is a BAM. I think. lol

Indeed bam is the S3 engine  :wink:
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: T_J_G on 02 August 2008, 15:48
I found a whole kit for sale on one of the forum for about £450 i think. cant remember where though!

Tim
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: Jamm89 on 02 August 2008, 16:02
There are some on ebay aswell.
That engine was also in the 225 TT
Title: Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
Post by: Ashmond on 04 August 2008, 09:42
Linz you dont need to uprate the pistons unless your going over 300bhp.

I seriously would tell people that this is a pain in the ass of a conversion but it is worth it once its running right. You need to change:

Turbo
Mainifold
Dowpipe
Cats/Decat
Injectors
3" Maf + Induction
Oil & Water Lines
FMIC or Twin SMIC's (If you go side mounts then manifold, etc needs to be changed)

Check my project thread for a write up on it. Its a pain in the ass to do though if im honest!

KO4's come on any Cupra R Leon, 225 TT or s3.

I went a step further and changed the management and loom to that of an S3 as it would then ignore the 2nd lambda sensor and therefore not give me ridiculous fueling!