GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: Shams_Golf on 31 July 2008, 20:27

Title: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: Shams_Golf on 31 July 2008, 20:27
Like the title says, What does DUb mean? :embarassed:

I've always wondered but not asked anyone, sorry lolz! :nerd:
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: (shakey) on 31 July 2008, 21:26
Like the title says, What does DUb mean? :embarassed:

I've always wondered but not asked anyone, sorry lolz! :nerd:

when u say vw u hav bud init so thats is where it comes from i think 80% sure of it
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: Ivor Mk4 Turbo on 31 July 2008, 23:37
Was it from that old (mk3??) advert with the deep-south hillbilly hic's etc, that said "veeee-dub-yyaaa"???
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: mk4Martin on 31 July 2008, 23:51
vee-dub-ul-you
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: linz on 01 August 2008, 13:57
doesnt stand for anything really just like a shortenened version of saying v w

as ^^^^ said
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: T_J_G on 01 August 2008, 14:43
isn't it an american car modding company aswell? Hence those DUB badges in halfords  :sick:
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: Horney on 01 August 2008, 14:58
I *Think* a Dub in amaerica is 22" wheel.

Nick
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: Mew on 01 August 2008, 15:00
I *Think* a Dub in amaerica is 22" wheel.

Nick

20" me does believe, but close  :smiley:
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: Horney on 01 August 2008, 15:01
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUB_Magazine

Yeah I was wrong Mew, I don't listen to enough fiddy.

Nick
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: Mew on 01 August 2008, 15:04
Oooh, 20" or larger according to that. We're both winners!

(http://programmation-python.org/pycommunity/pycon/PyCon07/media/winner.png)
Title: Re: What does DUb stand for?
Post by: Horney on 01 August 2008, 15:06
Nice, maybe I'm more street than I thought.

Nick