GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: Ashmond on 30 July 2008, 10:06

Title: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: Ashmond on 30 July 2008, 10:06
I deceided I wanted to loose the rear seats in mine too and we went about building a fake floor with my sounds built into it. Havent got any pics of the build, only as it stands at the moment, it still needs to be leathered, 6x9's need to be put in the hinged selves, sub needs to be dropped into the floor and powercap needs to be mounted into the floor too, as it looks atm:

(http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/5593/dsc00579hd6.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")

The 6x9's will be cut into this floor which is hinged which allows me to store bits underneath, get to the wires and also aim the 6x9's at people looking into the boot at shows ;)

(http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6647/dsc00582wj9.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")

I also took out my washer bottle and screen wash tank and sprayed them black for me with heatproof paint so it just tidied up the bay a bit, I then went out bought some red paint and did my caps red and my coilpacks the same black as the car. I did do the coilpacks red initially but it was just overkill to be honest!

(http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4995/dsc00011jk7.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")
(http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/775/dsc00012zm8.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")

After that I had to do was paint my calipers red as they were blue and didnt go with my red and black colour scheme at all:

(http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/4033/dsc00576uo6.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")
(http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2136/dsc00577re8.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")
(http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7940/dsc00583fu7.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")

Next thing I had to do was try and sort out my paintwork as it looked tired and had a few chips, I invested in some Meguiars ScratchX, black turtle wax with chipstick (which was actually really good), some Meguiars Tech Wax and some speed detailer. Went over the car for ages and am keeping it clean and was really happy with the results considering how bad it did look!

(http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1188/dsc00588yo1.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")

I also went about getting my bumper to fit properly, as anybody who has seen the car in the metal before will have seen the bumper didnt fit properly due to the stupidly large intercooler but I sorted that out without cutting my r32 bumper!

(http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2198/dsc00585gh9.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")
Then we went about getting the KO4 boosting up properly, which we did and all I can say is Jesus Christ with two seats and a KO4 she flies! Had a race with a R33 skyline and I didnt budge from his bumper until my boost pipe blew off so I had to pull over the side of the road and put it back on tightly. I should be getting the main boost pipe from the turbo to intercooler welded together as one piece as I had a cheap joiner from a ebay fmic kit I had (didnt have a spare samco coupler). Once I screwed it down so it didnt move the boost had no choice but to blow a hole in the side of it:

(http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9049/dsc00009mt6.jpg) (http://"http://imageshack.us")

So I definatly need it welded as one piece now I think. I know I was saying the KO3s is better than the KO4 but I completely take that back now. My car flies now, the noise of the spool up is completely different and the noise at gearchange is the bollards. The problem is that if I go over 4k on the revs im likely to blow another coupler! 

Quick Vid of the car, just because I wanted to see what it looked and sounded like from the outside - I love the sound! Bit annoying as cant take it over 3,500rpm at the moment as thats when the boost pipes pop off, will be buying some proper silicone and good clips on
the weekend as all the shops are shut when I finish work!

Comments welcome (I know I shouldnt be speeding but I wasnt actually going that quick)

Wagon With KO4 - Click (http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxB74olvHOM")
Title: Re: Things done to the Wagon Whilst We Were Off the Air!
Post by: T_J_G on 30 July 2008, 10:14
Your link is poop!

Glad you sorted the paintwork, before this site went off air i did offer to do it for you...Looks good though!

Tim
Title: Re: Things done to the Wagon Whilst We Were Off the Air!
Post by: iMation on 30 July 2008, 10:15
Awsome ash, nice one man, looking the bollox as ever :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxB74olvHOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxB74olvHOM) is the correct linky
Title: Re: Things done to the Wagon Whilst We Were Off the Air!
Post by: Ashmond on 30 July 2008, 10:41
It is starting to come together now and im starting to get happy with it, especially with the KO4 boosting properly. Had a race with an R33 skyline and it didnt move me from his bumper, it spools alot later but pulls so so so hard once your around 3k  :cool:
Title: Re: Things done to the Wagon Whilst We Were Off the Air!
Post by: topher on 30 July 2008, 10:43
(http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9049/dsc00009mt6.jpg)

:grin: :grin:
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: Ashmond on 30 July 2008, 11:51
Its not funny, that happened on the motorway!!
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: rheady on 01 August 2008, 17:20
Like the red and black theme but i would have left the water bottle the original colour. Cars looking good thaough Ash
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: Ashmond on 01 August 2008, 17:22
cheers dude, had some pics taken the other day with a good camera, water bottles look better in person, the reason I sprayed them is because my water bottle was a horrible yellow colour!


(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/ryanheath85/ash1.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/10.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/11.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/2.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/4.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/5.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/3.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/6.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/7.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/9.jpg)

(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/Cars/8.jpg)
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: K!R@N on 01 August 2008, 17:52
mint car m8. where do u (going to) mount ur number plate?
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: the_stink on 01 August 2008, 18:12
I want to see video of it in action :grin:
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: Ashmond on 04 August 2008, 09:43
Plate is in window at the moment as imo it ruins the front.

Got a video of it going through Dartford Tunnel on friday night, il get it up
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: the_stink on 04 August 2008, 09:56
safe look forward to seeing it   :grin:
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: Ivor Mk4 Turbo on 04 August 2008, 17:13
Are those extremely large cable ties holding the IC on??!!  :grin:
Title: Re: My Mk4 Update! KO4 Full Boost (Jesus!), Boot Build, 2 Seats, Engine Work!!
Post by: Ashmond on 04 August 2008, 17:18
Its bolted in top and held in by the boost pipes but that is just to stop it moving (just in case) as it is so low to the ground ;)