GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: Ben_1uk on 29 July 2008, 21:23

Title: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 29 July 2008, 21:23
Does anybody know of a decent site I can order myself a set of brand new (legal) shiney plates?

Thanks.
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Rhyso on 29 July 2008, 21:25
Dubmeister is one - they've started doing legal pressed plates now too though i think you have to either go there in person or send in a copy of your V5
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 30 July 2008, 08:48
Not keen on the idea of sending my original V5 off. There's nowhere local to me that does them either.

Anywhere else that does the pressed steel plates?
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: leeroy20vt on 30 July 2008, 09:15
THERES a place on ebay does em just waiting for mi9ne to turn up
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 30 July 2008, 10:08
Quote
THERES a place on ebay does em just waiting for mi9ne to turn up

Not a fan of "fleabay" mate. Anywhere else?
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: leeroy20vt on 30 July 2008, 11:21
ask t j g for a pic they look top quality m8 and there cheap enough i won mine for 9.50 bargain   
i think he also has a web site called the plate man or somthink like that ill try and find it for u
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: T_J_G on 30 July 2008, 15:42
ask t j g for a pic they look top quality m8 and there cheap enough i won mine for 9.50 bargain   
i think he also has a web site called the plate man or somthink like that ill try and find it for u

Think Ben is after some legal ones though. Those plates we got aren't legal.
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 30 July 2008, 15:52
There's got to be somewhere that does them :cry:
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: T_J_G on 30 July 2008, 15:54
There's got to be somewhere that does them :cry:

Halfords do standard plates. So you are after legal ones then?
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 30 July 2008, 16:01
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: T_J_G on 30 July 2008, 16:02
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.

I looked at dubmesiter and couldnt find any dealers within 50 miles. maybe they shoul;d have got the delaers sorted...

I
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 30 July 2008, 16:04
Yeah I know, bit disappointing really!
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: vapor matt on 30 July 2008, 19:17
Try here. its where i got mine from and they are quick on delivery aswell! lots of type faces and styles to choose from.

http://www.fancyplates.com/
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 31 July 2008, 12:04
I'm going to order myself a set of standard plates from GT Grafix as I've used them in the past. They're fast, good quality and you don't need to send off a DNA sample to have them made either :laugh:

I've just noticed that the club sells branded number plate holders :cool: Might seem a real dumb Q (and probably is) but will a standard UK plate measuring 522 x 112 (mm) fit?

Thanks.
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Rhyso on 31 July 2008, 12:37
I've just noticed that the club sells branded number plate holders :cool: Might seem a real dumb Q (and probably is) but will a standard UK plate measuring 522 x 112 (mm) fit?

Thanks.

they will :afro:
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: dai-cymru on 31 July 2008, 15:42
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.


not daft it's now uk law and has been for some time
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 31 July 2008, 16:13
Quote
Quote from: Ben_1uk on July 30, 2008, 16:01
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.



not daft it's now uk law and has been for some time

I understand why they ask for proof of ID and car ownership but a photocopy should suffice!
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Rhyso on 31 July 2008, 16:14
Quote
Quote from: Ben_1uk on July 30, 2008, 16:01
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.



not daft it's now uk law and has been for some time

I understand why they ask for proof of ID and car ownership but a photocopy should suffice!

but any one with photoshop etc can rustle up a dodgy photocopy!
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Ben_1uk on 31 July 2008, 16:35
Quote
but any one with photoshop etc can rustle up a dodgy photocopy!

I'm sure if somebody had the time and the know-how an original could be forged also...
Title: Re: Reg plates
Post by: Jamm89 on 31 July 2008, 16:43
http://www.europl8.net/home.html
Ive had 2 sets from these guys and been very impressed with the service.