GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: NickJ76 on 07 April 2008, 10:24
-
As per title any ideas why sometimes especially when cold ( 1 or 2 degrees) its difficult to select gears especially 1st. As car warms up problem goes away. Tends to crunch when selecting reverse as well. Its a 2000 Gti??
-
Yeah I have the same problem, not the first time I try and get 1st, but after that till warm its a bit of a bugger......
-
gear box oil maybe?
-
me too! mostly first, occasionally second, until warm.
-
I wondered about gearbox oil but havn't the foggiest on how to check. If all you guys are having same prob someone must know why on forum, surely??? Souns like a common problem!!
-
mine did it on the 1.4 and the 1.8t
-
TBH I think its a common problem on every car I've ever driven old or new that from cold, and especially in first/second the gear box is a bit notchy.
-
Same here, only when going into 2nd though, until it gets warmed up
-
its happened to me before and i put it in to neutral again and pumped the clutch and that always works :afro:
-
The brake fluid also supplies the clutch master cylinder and it is advised to change the fluid every 2 years. Might be you fluid needs changing.
-
My reverse ALWAYS crunches.
-
My reverse ALWAYS crunches.
lol and mine :rolleyes:
-
my second gear seems to crunch abit any one else get that? oil wise i have just got the car so i dont know if the gear box oil has been changed? any way i can tell?