GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: wopdat on 11 December 2007, 12:25

Title: MK2 16V Exhaust with 4-1 Miltek... Advice?!
Post by: wopdat on 11 December 2007, 12:25
I have just purchased a Miltek 4-1 Manifold for my Mk2 16v and want to fit it this weekend.
Firstly i want to know... Do I need to drop the subframe to get the manifold in? or is there enough space to squeeze it through? I am probably gonna do my head soon so will i be better to wait till i do that so that i get some clearance when the heads off?

Secondly, to wrap or not to wrap?! I know TSR manifolds are prone to crackin when wrapped and thou the Miltek looks great and will be a shame to cover, i want to reduce the heat under the hood.

Lastly, continuing the exhaust theme, i was considering a straight through pipe to a sebring rear box?...
Will that be too loud or will i be better off putting a centre box in?!

All responses will be appreciated :laugh:
Title: Re: MK2 16V Exhaust with 4-1 Miltek... Advice?!
Post by: Agreeable Slick on 11 December 2007, 12:32
don't double post.

Reply in garage please.