GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: richardhammond on 10 December 2007, 12:09

Title: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: richardhammond on 10 December 2007, 12:09
The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced? or can it be Stained or something?
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: Horney on 10 December 2007, 12:14
Mine have gone pink so I'm thinking of attacking them with some cutting paste to see if I can get the red back. If not then it's new bumpers time!

I also have the same problem with the red stripes down the side and I don't think these are available anywhere anymore.

Nick
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: dabill on 10 December 2007, 12:54
cant you just mask it all up then spray it all? sure you can find a decent red spray that will do the trick?
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: richardhammond on 10 December 2007, 19:08
Mine have gone pink so I'm thinking of attacking them with some cutting paste to see if I can get the red back. If not then it's new bumpers time!

I also have the same problem with the red stripes down the side and I don't think these are available anywhere anymore.

Nick
that what mine are like by cutting paste do you mean T cut?
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: Jay on 10 December 2007, 19:55
What about that red tape stuff halfrauds sell for the grille stripe?
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: richardhammond on 10 December 2007, 21:26
what red tape?
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: Thom89 on 11 December 2007, 00:09
try warming up with a hot air gun, works wonders on black and grey plastic.. you never know!
Tom
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: dabill on 11 December 2007, 10:09
that red pin-striping tape is pants tbh, i used it on my grille when i had duals, and it just didnt look good enough in my opinion.

just give it a couple of coats of red spray... should look the bee's knees.
Title: Re: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?
Post by: richardhammond on 11 December 2007, 20:17
Ok i just went to B&Q and got a bosch heat gun for £15 :grin: and had a quick google and found this
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18424
Look Amazing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I will have ago at it tomoz and see if it works on the red line as well