GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Philpy on 02 June 2006, 11:53

Title: 16v Idle speed valve
Post by: Philpy on 02 June 2006, 11:53
I dont know these vw engines very well  :embarassed: Dont surpose anyone has a pic of an engine bay with the location of the idle valve marked?

Thanks
Title: Re: 16v Idle speed valve
Post by: Mk1Mad J - 16v on 02 June 2006, 12:09
This is it

(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/MK1MADJ/HPIM0392.jpg)


here you should be able to see where it lives - on the right side of the inlet manifold attached to the lower section  :wink:

(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/MK1MADJ/6e_12_sb.jpg)
Title: Re: 16v Idle speed valve
Post by: Philpy on 02 June 2006, 21:40
Thanks, thats where I thought but was expecting it to be closer to the throttle body!
Title: Re: 16v Idle speed valve
Post by: lingl9z on 18 July 2010, 21:01
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd post in this one :) I take it the ISV say's  (VDO) on it and is located near the dizzy cap in these pictures?

Now the question I have is if my ISV is fudged could it cause a high Idle as from what I've read it involves the car stalling etc? They seem to be expensive so don't want to buy one if it's not going to fix anything! I was going to replace all the hoses but I sprayed wd40 over them and had no change!

Thanks

Rich.
Title: Re: 16v Idle speed valve
Post by: bodga on 18 July 2010, 21:20
I had a problem with the tickover on my valver, the temp sensors on the R/H side of the head was the problem it runs sweet now and cost me nothing. :grin: read this thread:


http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=160322.msg1478476#msg1478476
Title: Re: 16v Idle speed valve
Post by: lingl9z on 21 July 2010, 16:19
Bit confused on your other thread, how'd you sort it? by changing wires? (did your car run to temp before hand?)
Title: Re: 16v Idle speed valve
Post by: bodga on 22 July 2010, 22:37
I cleaned all three temp senders on the side of the head, tested them with my multimeter and found an odd reading on one, connected that one to the yellow/red wire and found the water temp gauge hardly moved and the idle problem was cured. i have just replaced the dodgy temp sender today with a new one so the temp gauge works properly now :grin:

my car has always run to temp by the MFA, (90-110deg)water temp gauge has been just below half way

It runs better now, a lot smoother tick over