GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Godzilla on 23 May 2006, 00:54

Title: Digi-dash
Post by: Godzilla on 23 May 2006, 00:54
Does anyone here have a digi-dash in there GTI? I didnt know VW made them till browsing through my handbook for my Golf earlier and found a few pages explaining what is what on the digi-dash.... looks impresive!
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Agreeable Slick on 23 May 2006, 01:07
rarer than rocking horse sh!t, and cost in excess of £200 for a second hand one.
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: steviem on 23 May 2006, 01:10
have a look on german ebay...

they only work in km/h too... :cry:
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Brads MK2 GTI on 23 May 2006, 08:27
Hiya mate, the correct name of it is the digifiz, as said it only runs in km/h, god knows what you're going to do if something on it doesn't work.

It's also a real job to wire it in, I think that there is a guide on vwvortex.com somewhere?
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: steviem on 23 May 2006, 08:38
Yeah, I think theres loads of stuff about it on vwvortex.com - those yanks love 'em....even though they still have the km/h problem, eejits...
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: super98 on 23 May 2006, 08:55
Does anyone here have a digi-dash in there GTI? I didnt know VW made them till browsing through my handbook for my Golf earlier and found a few pages explaining what is what on the digi-dash.... looks impresive!

A few pictures of my digifiz:

top speed...almost  :evil: :evil: :evil:

(http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/39016image_00002-med.jpg)

(http://www.favdl.com/stran2/images/stories/ekipa/super98/IMG_0270-mala.jpg)

(http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/21845Golf_II_GTI_20_-med.JPG)

(http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/21845P575.JPG)


oh and it's not just a p'n'p thing

Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Neaty on 23 May 2006, 10:10
damn it i want one!!  :laugh:
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Veedubgt18v on 23 May 2006, 12:39
good luck with that lol...........
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Godzilla on 23 May 2006, 13:03
That looks great, a lot better than Vauxhalls digi-dash's. Be good to mod one, change the colour of the illumination. I changed my GTE 16v Astra to red and blue instead of the yellow colour....fairly easy to do.
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Gambit on 23 May 2006, 13:44
i always wondered could the GTE one be used in the VW? its the same unit except its in MPH and doesnt have a VW logo!
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Brads MK2 GTI on 23 May 2006, 14:10
I've heard that it CAN be done, but never heard of it BEING done! I guess the same applies, you'll need a degree in fiddly wires and not knackering car's electrics to do it :)
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Mk1Mad J - 16v on 23 May 2006, 14:14
 :nerd: I've ssen it in a golf mag so yes definately can be done.

It's all a bit too nightrider for my liking you David Hasslehoff Wannabees :laugh:
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Horney on 23 May 2006, 14:15
Is it also no the same one as the early Audi Quottros?
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: vdubajgti on 23 May 2006, 18:51
Hi, don't know if I like them to be perfectly honest  :undecided:

Some on German Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.de/Digitaltacho-Golf-2-Digifiz-VW-tuning-custom-VW-golf2_W0QQitemZ8067392328QQcategoryZ99224QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And just somebody's page with them, suppose the pic with the blue/violet digi dials are ok: http://www.scirocco2.de/digifiz.htm

Hope this helps!!  :wink: AJ
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Godzilla on 23 May 2006, 18:53
The Astra GTE dash can be fitted into many different cars. I installed one into my Pug 205 GTI. Not that difficult if you know what wires are what. I might put one into my Golf. Main thing is to get the correct transducer for the dash, if the transducer is wrong the speedo will read be incorrect. The dashs are fairly easy to take apart to put a different coloured film over the yellow thus you can have whatever colour you want!!
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Brads MK2 GTI on 24 May 2006, 00:07
The Astra GTE dash can be fitted into many different cars. I installed one into my Pug 205 GTI. Not that difficult if you know what wires are what. I might put one into my Golf. Main thing is to get the correct transducer for the dash, if the transducer is wrong the speedo will read be incorrect. The dashs are fairly easy to take apart to put a different coloured film over the yellow thus you can have whatever colour you want!!

Ah you are the man! Can I marry you? :)
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: Godzilla on 24 May 2006, 14:17
Lol Brads MK2 GTI!! Found a GTE digi today in my local scrappy with the correct transducer. Going to get it and install it into my GTI....if i did it on my Pug 205 GTI im sure ill work a way how to do it on the Golf. Will keep all informed of progress and pics!! A must is to change the colour first as i dont want yellow digits so its going to be a light green colour....think that will look good as i have an oak green GTI.
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: JMallows on 24 May 2006, 14:27
Sounds good, ensure a write up is done though ;)
Title: Re: Digi-dash
Post by: super98 on 29 May 2006, 20:59

http://www.veengrond.com/auto/ssp/ssp088%20Digitales%20Fahrer-Information-Zentrum%20DIGIFIZ.pdf