GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Ozz on 17 August 2005, 12:37

Title: What offset?
Post by: Ozz on 17 August 2005, 12:37
Wanting to get some 15x8's. tho may have to settle for 7's, but what offset would I want so that they nicely fill g60 arches?
Title: Re: What offset?
Post by: Agreeable Slick on 17 August 2005, 12:45
depends if you want to roll the lip or not, some ET26 would go right to the edge, but would scrape as soon as you hit a bump, low 30s would prob be the best offset.
Title: Re: What offset?
Post by: Gambit on 17 August 2005, 17:44
ive et25 on mine and they only ever so slightly scrub. if i had 195/45 instead of 195/50 profile tyres im positive they wouldnt scrub. they give the car a that wee bit extra wide stance
Title: Re: What offset?
Post by: Ozz on 17 August 2005, 23:44
Cool, cheers guys, just gotta go find me some now!! Ideally after some 15x8 Compo MO's, but they're so hard to find!!
Title: Re: What offset?
Post by: super98 on 05 September 2005, 15:11
Recently I bought BBS RMs (6.5x15, ET33).

Will they rub if I put the wider outer rims on (1.5" wide, so new width would be 8", right??). I have 195/45/15 tires.