GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Deano2711 on 09 July 2012, 09:36

Title: Exhaust fitment.
Post by: Deano2711 on 09 July 2012, 09:36
Wonder if anyone can help me as I am at work and cannot do a search. Basically I want to change my complete exhaust for something more quieter.  I have found one off a J reg early 8v near me for good money. Is this likely to fit my P reg 8v as I believe there are 3 different types of exhaust for the 8v ??? 
Title: Re: Exhaust fitment.
Post by: stainesy on 09 July 2012, 10:04
if your changing the hole thing from cat back it will fit fine
Title: Re: Exhaust fitment.
Post by: mad4vws on 09 July 2012, 11:30
THINK THE EARLY MK3 GTI FROM 1992 -1993 CAT IS SLIGHTLY BIGGER IN SIZE TO LATER 1995 TO 1997 NOT SURE IF IT WILL FIT MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE A FEW ALTERATIONS ............. :wink: :smiley:
Title: Re: Exhaust fitment.
Post by: tweed on 09 July 2012, 11:48
THINK THE EARLY MK3 GTI FROM 1992 -1993 CAT IS SLIGHTLY BIGGER IN SIZE TO LATER 1995 TO 1997 NOT SURE IF IT WILL FIT MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE A FEW ALTERATIONS ............. :wink: :smiley:


Well the manifold could be shorter meaning the cat is longer but from cat back it will all be the same length.

This is what I need to know in my thread