GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: stainesy on 24 June 2012, 12:47

Title: is this evidence of blowing?
Post by: stainesy on 24 June 2012, 12:47
ok lastnight i had my new cat back exhaust dropped off to me.
cheers bigun and thanks mate. drove all the way down to hand deliver my exhaust. top bloke aswell.

anyway just been going over the exhaust and found a couple of areas on it that i think may have a blow.
only looks like a tiny blow but wanted other people opinions on it.
took a few pics of the middle box. does this look like evidence of a slitely blowing exhaust to you?

P.S. not having a pop at you bigun as you probly didnt know about these and they look tiny  :wink: :grin:

first is this are from 2 angles
(http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/slammed_golf/se1.jpg)
(http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/slammed_golf/se2.jpg)

and also found this on the other side
(http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/slammed_golf/se3.jpg)
Title: Re: is this evidence of blowing?
Post by: nolandubholmes on 24 June 2012, 13:39
Yeah only slight though pal nothing a welder can't sort out for a beer token or 2 pop down to ur local garage just ask them to buzz a bit of weld on it for u
Title: Re: is this evidence of blowing?
Post by: bigun on 24 June 2012, 14:00
Sorry mate, I honestly didn't hear any blowing (it's quiet quiet) so hadn't looked for anything. Hope it's nothing bad.
Title: Re: is this evidence of blowing?
Post by: stainesy on 24 June 2012, 14:07
No that's it I want him barred from the site  :angry: :laugh:

Joke  :grin:

No worries mate it's cool. I can't complain mate you drove all the way down to me and hand delivered a cat back exhaust for 30 notes.
Its not a problem il just take it to my old work and get them to stick a few welds on it. Or do what my dad did on my mums exhaust and stick liquid metal on it  :grin:
Title: Re: is this evidence of blowing?
Post by: tweed on 24 June 2012, 14:18
No that's it I want him barred from the site  :angry: :laugh:

Joke  :grin:

No worries mate it's cool. I can't complain mate you drove all the way down to me and hand delivered a cat back exhaust for 30 notes.
Its not a problem il just take it to my old work and get them to stick a few welds on it. Or do what my dad did on my mums exhaust and stick liquid metal on it  :grin:

You didn't have to buy it  :wink:
Title: Re: is this evidence of blowing?
Post by: stainesy on 24 June 2012, 14:28
 Haven't complained and I'm quite happy with it tbh so yes I did have to buy it as I got a good deal. Was simply asking a question  :wink:
Plus it's cool that it has strait tips not downswept as I can stick a couple of tips on and will do till a get a decent one. So all is good.