GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: cipherx7 on 23 June 2012, 21:01

Title: 1997 GTI maintenance help
Post by: cipherx7 on 23 June 2012, 21:01
Hello,

I recently bought an MK3 GTI and I was looking for some advice. The car didn't come with a manual.

It's a 2.0 non-turbo and it has some 220KM on it so I'd like to extend the life of the car for as long as possible.

1. Should I use 94 octane? I know it's a non-turbo but I was thinking the cleaner fuel would keep the engine healthy longer.
2. What kind of oil should I use when I give it an oil change?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't care for a few extra bucks here and there if it means I get another few months or years with my new chum.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Title: Re: 1997 GTI maintenance help
Post by: cipherx7 on 23 June 2012, 21:19
sorry, looks like I posted in the wrong forum. I created a thread in the maint. section.
Don't really know how to delete this thread.