GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: gizmomk3 on 22 June 2012, 22:40

Title: Mk3 head
Post by: gizmomk3 on 22 June 2012, 22:40
Found a AEE head off a polo 1.6 8v that will fit my mk3 golf is it worth getting it and recon it ??

What you lot thing??
Title: Re: Mk3 head
Post by: Wayne on 22 June 2012, 22:50
What engine is in your Golf ?
Title: Re: Mk3 head
Post by: gizmomk3 on 22 June 2012, 23:44
1.6 8v AEE
Title: Re: Mk3 head
Post by: Rmachines on 23 June 2012, 11:26
is it worth getting it and recon it ??

What you lot thing??

Depends if your engine needs a new head  :grin:  I take it there is a problem with it?
Title: Re: Mk3 head
Post by: gizmomk3 on 23 June 2012, 13:10
Cam shaft is coverd in what looks like burnt oil where sum dick has I assume roped the oil up with the car hot or running

I was thinking get new head recon it in my own time over a month or 2 ok may be 3  :laugh: then fit as I need the car for work 6 days a week i could have the head swooped in half A day all going well that way
Title: Re: Mk3 head
Post by: Screech16v on 23 June 2012, 22:52
Topping the oil up hot or running will not cause oil to burn and stick to your camshaft  :laugh:
Some dick runnin it low on oil will though  :tongue:
Title: Re: Mk3 head
Post by: gizmomk3 on 23 June 2012, 23:05
I did not know that lol so I go from one extreme to another when a got the car sum tit had over filed it with oil as that were told by an old spanner monkey that it did not matter how much oil is in a car.

In the stone age it might not of don't but in 2012 6.5 litres  of oil is WAY to much what a tit