GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: DaveHDi on 22 June 2012, 21:08

Title: Which tyres?
Post by: DaveHDi on 22 June 2012, 21:08
Hello all. I've just purchased a set of 4 17" Audi S3 Avus 6 spoke alloy wheels
(http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/DaveGT/4c194954.jpg)

They have massive tyres fitted at the moment and I want to fit them on my slightly lowered mk3 golf gti. The arches aren't rolled so I need to know the best size tyre to fit in order to get them on without any arch problems. Any advice and suggestions are much appreciated
Dave
Title: Re: Which tyres?
Post by: Ess_Three on 22 June 2012, 21:51
205/40/17 is the best size.
What offset are they? ET33 rings a bell...might be tight on the back.
Title: Re: Which tyres?
Post by: Wayne on 22 June 2012, 22:53
205/40/17's is the correct size, you may find theyrub on the back in which case you will need to trim a little off.

Another option is 195/40/17's but they can be hard to find.
Title: Re: Which tyres?
Post by: N900 MJT on 23 June 2012, 00:44
Found some :)

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s264p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_17_inch_R17_inch_-_195_40_17_195_40_R_17