GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Gti_Jamo on 22 June 2012, 19:55

Title: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.
Post by: Gti_Jamo on 22 June 2012, 19:55
So I stripped out my interior back in september and in the bag with all my screws, clip etc for the front seats I find a couple of these things!!

(http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a430/CupraTurbo81/P6220059.jpg)

Basically have forgotten what they are or where there supposed to go. Cheers.
Title: Re: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.
Post by: Screech16v on 22 June 2012, 19:57
They go at the front to stop the seat sliding backwards out of the runners  :wink:
Title: Re: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.
Post by: search on 22 June 2012, 20:00
Yeah lol there to keep your seats on the runners! easy to put back on just clip in from what i remember.
Title: Re: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.
Post by: Gti_Jamo on 22 June 2012, 20:02
Is it just one on each side.....I have four you see. But have two sets of seats here.
Title: Re: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.
Post by: search on 22 June 2012, 20:21
yeah from what i remember they go on the end of the middle rail at the front. tricky to get in. put seat back as far as it goes then look in the middle at the front just under the seat.
Title: Re: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.
Post by: Gti_Jamo on 22 June 2012, 20:44
Nice one cheers mate.....Had so much stuff stripped off it I knew i'd forget something.
Title: Re: Whats are these little clips for and where do the go....Fitting Seats.
Post by: pinson on 22 June 2012, 21:39
There is only one on each side, I took my seats out recently to give them a good clean. I found the plastic clips on the base of the seat a pain in the arse though when putting them back in as they kept popping of when I lined the seat against the runners.