GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Itteh on 21 June 2012, 20:57
-
Any 1 know where i can get my Mk3 tinted from ? but at a reasonable price... iv been quoted £220 with fitting, and i think thats a bit too much...... anyone know where i can get them done ? Im from West Yorkshire... Dewsbury ...
-
why do you want your windows tinted?
-
So i can have that better look to my car, when i say tinted i dont mean full on black.... 35% tints are perfect, or something along the lines of that...
-
oh right ok :lipsrsealed:
you could do them yourself. look on ebay and they do tints already cut to the shap of your window. all you have to do is lay them on.
-
Get someone to do it for you. I tinted our first mk3 myself but the rear screen is a pig as it curves both ways. I ended up ripping it all off and getting it done by the pros. I paid £130 for the whole car - medium rears and very light (still illegal mind) on the front. Looked good and for us it kept the car a bit cooler when our daughter was a baby.
The new mk3 already has the rears done (pretty dark). I think it looks good personally.
-
Done mine myself back window so many fingers. been told it cost £120 for rear windows down my way.
-
Isn't window tinting just for ugly people?..
-
i think the mk3 is too old looking to look right with tinted windows
-
i think it depends on the colour of the car,some colours look awsome some look :sick:
-
I only paid £30 to have my rear window tinted, sides were already done when brought it but badly! Fronts were removed instantly rears are going when i can afford to get them redone
-
The Mk3 can look brilliant with tints. But I would think it only suits those in a dark colour. I got mine done for £130 in East London and would recommend it personally. If you haven't fitted them before, I would strongly recommend that you get it done by a professional. I have a lifetime guarantee on mine as an added bonus.
(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z405/Mike_armstrong1990/P1010007.jpg)
-
Window tinting does not suit the Mark 3 IMO and attracts the wrong kind of attention really. Very Chavvy and should be restricted to Corsa's and Saxo's :grin:
-
3 dppr tint does look like saxo 4 door tint suits it just right ;-) each to there own tho.
-
Each to own and all that. Never knew it cost that much to do. Must be like 95% profit :grin:
I personally like to show off my stereo to thieves :laugh:
-
Yeah I thinks it's chavvy and to be honest if I'm spending the time and money making my car look good. I want to be seen in it.
Plus that pic just posted of that blue mk3 with rear tints don't look good :sick:
-
It is functional, my kids definately appreciate it in the sun. But i do agree it can look chavy and ive been in 2 minds whether to remove mine
-
It is functional, my kids definately appreciate it in the sun. But i do agree it can look chavy and ive been in 2 minds whether to remove mine
You live in England???????????? :wink:
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-Cut-Window-Tint-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK3-Medium-35-/180896583227?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1e46ce3b#ht_1269wt_1053
DIY for 130! you can attempt it yourself 6 times and your bound to get it before 6 attempts:)
-
VERY TRUE iv got tons left and if you dont have a heat gun use a hair dryer. tons of how to on youtube.
-
VERY TRUE iv got tons left and if you dont have a heat gun use a hair dryer. tons of how to on youtube.
Wayhay thought starting to think i was the only one who did like parting with cash :wink:
-
VERY TRUE iv got tons left and if you dont have a heat gun use a hair dryer. tons of how to on youtube.
Is that your local pub in your sig?