GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: gizmomk3 on 20 June 2012, 00:36

Title: Diesel mpg
Post by: gizmomk3 on 20 June 2012, 00:36
What mpg will I get on a 1.9 diesel mk3??
Title: Re: Diesel mpg
Post by: estategti? on 20 June 2012, 07:06
I Just bought one on saurday, so far the £20 i put in has done 130 miles with 1/4 tank still  showing. if it gets to to about 160 before fill up that will be about 50mpg, maybe more.
Title: Re: Diesel mpg
Post by: luke on 20 June 2012, 15:00
I had a non turbo diesel estate, from £20 I got approx 100 miles, that was with no exhaust from midbox back
Title: Re: Diesel mpg
Post by: leigh_harty on 20 June 2012, 17:27
I had a non turbo diesel estate, from £20 I got approx 100 miles, that was with no exhaust from midbox back

Thats poor, my vr does that and it pops most of the fuel away on the overrun  :laugh:
Title: Re: Diesel mpg
Post by: vdubnut on 20 June 2012, 19:30
550 miles + from  a tank :)
Title: Re: Diesel mpg
Post by: estategti? on 22 June 2012, 17:06
Just got back from first long trip, 201 miles for £20, that works out at 62mpg :smiley: