GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: danmusic24 on 17 June 2012, 20:20

Title: gti
Post by: danmusic24 on 17 June 2012, 20:20
On the mk4 golf if they have the gti badge where they all turbo? Or are there gti non turbo,it's someone told me that he there was a red i on the badge that ment turbo....
Title: Re: gti
Post by: Bandit127 on 17 June 2012, 20:25
Don't know about the badge but the Mk4 GTi came in 1.8 (20V, 125 bhp) and 2.0 (8V, 115 bhp) NA versions.

Have a look on Autotrader - there are loads of 2.0s for cheap money. £800 upwards will get you a good one. (The 1.8Ts tend to be £1500+).
Title: Re: gti
Post by: danmusic24 on 17 June 2012, 20:31
What I mean is,having a ruck with friends and he is saying if there is a red i on the gti badge then it's turbo,I thought all mk4 with gti badge where turbo 20v turbo?
Title: Re: gti
Post by: VW BUSH on 17 June 2012, 20:44
Not all turbo's with GTI badge, I too thought the Red I meant turbo as well but a family member has had two turbo's with all silver badges........
Title: Re: gti
Post by: Wayne on 17 June 2012, 21:39
Badge means feck all tbh: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=90977.0
Title: Re: gti
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 18 June 2012, 07:24
Mk3 section?  :huh: