GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: jnufcuk on 17 June 2012, 15:52
-
After a new steering wheel for the vr6. Coming from a mk4 Gti with a nice thick wheel the vr6 one is terrible :sad:
I know the mk4 cab one fits but are going for stupid prices.
Seen a few Lupo Gti ones on eBay from 60-80 with airbag think I read that they fit?
Would like one with an airbag so rules out momo ones.
Thanks
-
would be nice to see peoples non standard steering wheels in a mk3. Would be easier to pick one
-
would be nice to see peoples non standard steering wheels in a mk3. Would be easier to pick one
That's what I mean, don't want to see standard wheel lol. Maybe I didn't make myself very clear :embarassed:
-
would be nice to see peoples non standard steering wheels in a mk3. Would be easier to pick one
That's what I mean, don't want to see standard wheel lol. Maybe I didn't make myself very clear :embarassed:
was clear to me dude :wink:
-
Heya - This is the Momo Team 280 fitted to mine :
(http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/L769ATY/13bc7147.jpg)
-
^^^^^
Would like one with an airbag so rules out momo ones.
:rolleyes: :grin:
-
I Have my Momo race in mine.. iv had this in every car iv owned since 1995!
(http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1116/imagemnd.jpg)
(http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1570/imagegyo.jpg)
You can run momo without airbag, you just get the bit of wiring to trick your ECU
-
Yeah that pic was taken before I had VagCom and could turn the light off!
-
Momo ones does look good but I want a steering wheel with an airbag just in case something ever happens :smiley:
-
That is what a seatbelt is for :P
Most people I know that have had an airbag go off when they had a crash always end up with more bruises and scratches than when I have crashed!
-
My R8 one
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMAG0597.jpg)
if you like i could see about getting you a lupo one, be about £50 posted?
-
Audi one :drool: in my dreams
Lupo one sounds good :) pm me if u manage to get one. Thanks mate
-
I've just bought a 6n Polo 3 spoke wheel which is a direct fit and the same as the Lupo ones. Im still trying to find a jap spec mk3 Golf steering wheel with the grip ridges but it could be some time.
I've found a company that makes custom replica ones from the standard wheels but these go for about €400 plus shipping from Germany!
-
Gash that looks ace man
i have a audi Dash too, was in two minds if to fit, is it a hard job ? any more pics ?
-
Gash that looks ace man
i have a audi Dash too, was in two minds if to fit, is it a hard job ? any more pics ?
complete ball ache lol
il try and get more photos tomorrow for you.
width wise is good but the length of the dash is too long so needs cutting, centre console needs cutting, door cards, A pillars need extending, need either support beam from an a3 or modify the mk3 one so the centre dash fits. and the wiring for the clocks (but i assume because yours is a 20v maybe easier
-
Anyone got the oem wooden steering wheel that came in some of the highlines?
-
Anyone got the oem wooden steering wheel that came in some of the highlines?
:sick:
-
Anyone got the oem wooden steering wheel that came in some of the highlines?
:sick:
Got a vr6 leather one
-
Anyone got the oem wooden steering wheel that came in some of the highlines?
i like these wheels too. but only ever seen two for sale and they have both gone for £200+
-
Anyone got the oem wooden steering wheel that came in some of the highlines?
i like these wheels too. but only ever seen two for sale and they have both gone for £200+
Think they were also fitted to Passat's, so keep an eye out for them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-BORA-PASSAT-WOODEN-STEERING-WHEEL-AIR-BAG-VERY-RARE-V6-V5-1-8T-TDI-SE-/320895205266?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab6d83f92
-
If you fitted one of them wooden ones your car would look like a boat.
-
Ahoy there shipmate!
-
Gash that looks ace man
i have a audi Dash too, was in two minds if to fit, is it a hard job ? any more pics ?
complete ball ache lol
il try and get more photos tomorrow for you.
width wise is good but the length of the dash is too long so needs cutting, centre console needs cutting, door cards, A pillars need extending, need either support beam from an a3 or modify the mk3 one so the centre dash fits. and the wiring for the clocks (but i assume because yours is a 20v maybe easier
cheers brother. i can get the support beam as the dash is still in the Audi at the mo.
Can you not run it with the MK3 door cards ? and when you say A pillars need extending what do you mean ? the VW ones? how did u do this ?
cheers man
-
I have the standard Anni steering wheel but wanted something a bit more up to date, so I went for a MK4 leather wheel, modded to fit the MK3, which has a nice big grip compared to the standard wheel:
(http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/Shady_Pioneer/a189ceb1.jpg)
But I now have a Lupo GTI wheel instead (as it has leather and red stitching to match the Anni's looks.
(http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/Shady_Pioneer/729cda07.jpg)
MK4 is for sale by the way. £50 posted. :afro:
-
Gash that looks ace man
i have a audi Dash too, was in two minds if to fit, is it a hard job ? any more pics ?
complete ball ache lol
il try and get more photos tomorrow for you.
width wise is good but the length of the dash is too long so needs cutting, centre console needs cutting, door cards, A pillars need extending, need either support beam from an a3 or modify the mk3 one so the centre dash fits. and the wiring for the clocks (but i assume because yours is a 20v maybe easier
cheers brother. i can get the support beam as the dash is still in the Audi at the mo.
Can you not run it with the MK3 door cards ? and when you say A pillars need extending what do you mean ? the VW ones? how did u do this ?
cheers man
is it an a3 your going to take it out of?
well when you close the door the door cards push against the edges of the dash, the under tray/fuse cover, and glovebox wont fit properly unless some of the door car is trimmed.
and with the a pillars, on the audi dash there is a gap either side where there a pillars line up, its too big for the golf so need to basically have them come out more, im putting tweeters there to fill the gap.
-
I have the standard Anni steering wheel but wanted something a bit more up to date, so I went for a MK4 leather wheel, modded to fit the MK3, which has a nice big grip compared to the standard wheel:
(http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/Shady_Pioneer/a189ceb1.jpg)
But I now have a Lupo GTI wheel instead (as it has leather and red stitching to match the Anni's looks.
(http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/Shady_Pioneer/729cda07.jpg)
MK4 is for sale by the way. £50 posted. :afro:
Il buy it! :wink:
-
PM me then. :grin:
-
had a scirocco steering wheel in my mk3, at first I didn't like it but then preferred it over the standard wheel