GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Gloves88 on 17 June 2012, 13:27

Title: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
Post by: Gloves88 on 17 June 2012, 13:27
Just a quick guestion, Is the driveshaft flange in the picture seated correctly?  :undecided:
(Excuse the poor quality of it - not a great picture taking angle)

(http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb197/Gloves88/FlangeMedium.jpg)

Cheers
Title: Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
Post by: Dan_GTi8v on 17 June 2012, 13:42
looks ok, what issues are you having?
Title: Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
Post by: Gloves88 on 17 June 2012, 13:52
I bought a 'new' gearbox but it had one of the flanges missing so I took one off the old box and fitted it.

Just wanted to make sure that it was on correctly, looked like it hadnt seated properly.

It's a tap in type flange - how can i tell that it's the right one for this box? Gearbox is an ASD.

Title: Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
Post by: Dan_GTi8v on 17 June 2012, 14:17
I haven't read this properly but give it a read it might have some answers :)
Title: Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
Post by: Gloves88 on 17 June 2012, 16:26
I haven't read this properly but give it a read it might have some answers :)

Cant see any links mate?
Title: Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
Post by: Dan_GTi8v on 17 June 2012, 16:39
lol yes I guess the link would be good  :grin:

http://brokevw.com/020flange.html
Title: Re: Is this driveshaft flange seated correctly?
Post by: nolandubholmes on 18 June 2012, 10:40
did it also have a c clip ??? if uve tapped it on enough and the c clips back on then i think ur on a winner