GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: willz94 on 17 June 2012, 00:23

Title: Vr6 chips
Post by: willz94 on 17 June 2012, 00:23
hello thinking about purchasing a good chip from an online tuner, taking the software, adapting it for copywrite purposes and installing it on chips myself and selling them. just wondering how much vr6 owners would by chips for that would approximately increase bhp by 13-16 break depending on engine condition?
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: 16valver dan on 17 June 2012, 01:35
i can get them 150 off a mate that does vag remaps and chips
so base it on that lol
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: leigh_harty on 17 June 2012, 10:00
I'd rather spend the extra money on a remap to suite the mods I've done. After you've paid for a chip and some RR time It's not cost effective
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: Wayne on 17 June 2012, 10:09
just wondering how much vr6 owners would by chips for that would approximately increase bhp by 13-16 break depending on engine condition?

Doubt that you will see that much increase from a chip  :undecided:
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: F17BAD on 17 June 2012, 10:31
about 5bhp  :grin:
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: leigh_harty on 17 June 2012, 10:43
about 5bhp  :grin:

If that, pointless remapping/chipping a N/A car unless youve gone balls out on it...
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: nolandubholmes on 17 June 2012, 19:21
Yeah the whole n/a chipping scene is a bit old hat and pointless ive got an alien tech Kess v2 master I got cheap to do aload of 20vs me and a few other lads simple plug and play stuff like that was worth it as all I had to do was buy the maps in easy money but starting out just doing chips ain't worth bothering with
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: willz94 on 17 June 2012, 20:49
actually i feel you get what you spend, if you spend money on quality you will see the gains. i was planning on getting a chip such as http://www.bbrgti.com/product_details.php?id=8026&category=2 based on a completely standard vr6 cloning the chip and selling them 50 quid a pop?
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: VW BUSH on 17 June 2012, 20:58
Even Harry Ramsden don't make chips that good, £400 holy feck that's half way to a turbo conversion
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: willz94 on 17 June 2012, 21:04
ide only spend it that much if i was garanteed buys at 50 quid a chip :)! and a full conversion for 700?!? im interested  :wink:
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: Wayne on 17 June 2012, 21:38
No chip on a N/A car will see an 18bhp gain.
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: leigh_harty on 17 June 2012, 23:33
No chip on a N/A car will see an 18bhp gain.

I recon it could.... On a w12? :grin:
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: dubstar9 on 18 June 2012, 08:38
No chip on a N/A car will see an 18bhp gain.

I recon it could.... On a w12? :grin:

That would stil be 9bhp per bank of 6 cylinders  :tongue:
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: nolandubholmes on 18 June 2012, 09:19
I say go for it if u can create and sell a chip that will see gains of 18bhp safely and prove it via rolling road print outs then they will sell other than that we can all sit here till the cows come home having opinions of N/A chips and how much u will actually get
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: Dogbot on 18 June 2012, 10:30
even if you saw, 3-5hp, & got a crisper throttle response, & maybe a touch more mid range I personally would be happy with that for £50......... I'd much rather spend £50 with someone that was honest about the product & gave realistic gains & pros to using that chip, much like the ebay chip for the 16v that was mentioned a while ago, than spend £250-300 to someone saying 18-25bhp gain, which we all know is bull anyways...
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: nolandubholmes on 18 June 2012, 10:39
even if you saw, 3-5hp, & got a crisper throttle response, & maybe a touch more mid range I personally would be happy with that for £50......... I'd much rather spend £50 with someone that was honest about the product & gave realistic gains & pros to using that chip, much like the ebay chip for the 16v that was mentioned a while ago, than spend £250-300 to someone saying 18-25bhp gain, which we all know is bull anyways...

dogbot = nail and head there
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: Khare on 18 June 2012, 11:19
I bought one from pepeoi, an ebay seller, after Rubjonny got a 6hp gain on his 16v. I dynoed mine before and after the chip on the same dyno (on different days though) and gained 9hp. He sells VR6 chips too, he's worth a shot.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK3-VR6-PASSAT-VR6-VENTO-VR6-SHARAN-VR6-Power-Chip-Chiptuning-/221027861345?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3376498361 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK3-VR6-PASSAT-VR6-VENTO-VR6-SHARAN-VR6-Power-Chip-Chiptuning-/221027861345?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3376498361)
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: mrsaunders on 18 June 2012, 12:03
I bought one from pepeoi, an ebay seller, after Rubjonny got a 6hp gain on his 16v. I dynoed mine before and after the chip on the same dyno (on different days though) and gained 9hp. He sells VR6 chips too, he's worth a shot.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK3-VR6-PASSAT-VR6-VENTO-VR6-SHARAN-VR6-Power-Chip-Chiptuning-/221027861345?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3376498361 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK3-VR6-PASSAT-VR6-VENTO-VR6-SHARAN-VR6-Power-Chip-Chiptuning-/221027861345?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3376498361)

How long do these take to turn up?
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: tweed on 18 June 2012, 13:29
So many things to buy that would make you faster on track for that much. Buying things to make you faster in a straight line is last on my list.
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: Khare on 18 June 2012, 18:29
So many things to buy that would make you faster on track for that much. Buying things to make you faster in a straight line is last on my list.

I'd definitely pay £50 for 9hp and crisper throttle.
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: mrsaunders on 18 June 2012, 18:36
So many things to buy that would make you faster on track for that much. Buying things to make you faster in a straight line is last on my list.

I'd definitely pay £50 for 9hp and crisper throttle.

how long does the postage take on these khare?
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: Khare on 18 June 2012, 18:45
Can't remember, it was ages ago. Few weeks I think.
Title: Re: Vr6 chips
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 19 June 2012, 08:11
Mine took about a week iirc.