GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: twotwofour on 16 June 2012, 17:20
-
I bought one I believed fitted my '96 8v and when it came it had a square plug. Mine required a plug with a rounded section on one end of the plug. Got it sorted now but I now have a brand spanker surplus to requirements lambda sensor and need to establish what car it fits before I advertise it for sale. I've had it a while and was waiting for good weather to fit it and can't find the receipt.
Any help appreciated
-
Check the engine code.... there isn't "one" GTI engine in the mk3... in total there are 7 different 8v and 16v versions!
If you order parts using that code it should give you a much better idea of which part you need.
-
Ok I'm just talking 8v gti models and there are only 2 lambda sensors available for this vehicle as far as im aware, I bought it for a '96 agg but it didn't fit. I'm just trying to establish what year it would fit as I believe it's year and engine code related
-
Bit of a shot in the dark, but it might be OBD2 related. That change was in 1995.
-
That sounds likely