GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Hongkongphooey on 16 June 2012, 12:01
-
Hi
I'm looking to get a set of Recaros (or equivalent quality) seats for my Mk3. They must be black or black/red and preferably leather (or 1/2 leather).
I did see a pic of some lovely 1/2 leather (bolsters/main frame), 1/2 cloth (centres) Recaro seats that were black and red but not sure if they were suitable for the mk3? They were mostly black wih bits of red stitching on them.
Would Mk2 seats be an easy fit or is there some technical reason why this would not be possible? Any other options? I see that Audi s3 recaros can be had for reasonable money.
All advice appreciated.
Tom
-
How about Anni seats although they are all cloth.
-
Maybe yeah, where can I see the pic of them? Condition is the key for me, would pay the right money if they are in good shape
-
Just seen a pic of the MK3 Anni seats and if its the black and red checked ones then I'd say no, they look like Croatia's home shirt but worse
-
only seats that will fit easy are mk3 seats and there's not a big choice really (although you could look on ebay.de as they did loads of special editions with fancy seats fabric)
to fit from any other vehicle you'll need to get the mk3 subframes welded on..
-
Bradley, cheers for that, that's what I needed to know.
I'll take a look on ebay.de, good idea that
-
Black and Red leather Colour Concept interior, been a few on Ebay :cool:
-
colour concept are nice
-
Here is a Black and Blue one on ebay at the moment, just keep a look out for a Red one. There have been a number over the past month so just keep looking.
Anyway, link to Black and Blue to give you an idea, Red where Blue is and Bob's your Uncle :wink:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-golf-mk3-gti-vr6-2dr-full-blue-and-black-leather-interior-dub-colour-concept-/160824133120?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2571dd8600
-
I may be wrong but dont some SEATs of the same age have the same seat fitment as the mk3 golf, as far as i know they use the same platform.
I know for a fact the mk1 toledo front and rear seats fitted into a mk2 golf without any mods
-
Just seen a pic of the MK3 Anni seats and if its the black and red checked ones then I'd say no, they look like Croatia's home shirt but worse
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
agreed horrific interior
-
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my first post, I kinda like the black/red cloth recaros for the MK3 but the ones they had in Germany, they have 'GTI Edition' stitched on them. I'm not mad keen on the two tone colour concepts, each to his own.
The SEAT idea is an interesting one, I'll take a look into that.
Ideally looking for leather as we had a 2 year old nipper who like to redecroate the interior with fruit/drinks...at least they would wipe clean.
-
Another option which I'm opting for is to strip to seat covers off and send them along with the door cards to http://www.autoleathers.co.uk/
They have quoted me £400 to make all the Cabrio's seat covers in Red Leather with diamond stitched centres and retrim the fabric areas of the door cards to match for £65 for all for.
Loads of colour options, piping or french stitched, vertical, horizontal or diamond stitched centres.
They have depots in London and Manchester.