GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: gizmomk3 on 15 June 2012, 23:33
-
I keep smelling hot oil when the car is up to temp my rocker cover is leaking i take it it is that I can smell??
All so the car is very Tapper tey in tick over had a look in the oil filler cap ind there is black burnt oil on the cam shaft do I
A take head off and recon?
B take rocket cover off and just cleane cam shaft??
-
Oh you got a Golf there...... :cry:
One one thought - change the rocker head gasket, the oil is leaking on your manifold causing the smell when hot... Just change it, here's a how to for a 1.8 but similar on yours:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=229781
next thought - all the troubles you're having on daily or weekly basis with your golf, i'd be looking for another one....
the tapping noise you hear is from the hydraulic followers, focked due to using sh!te oil... cleaning the cam won't change anything (if you actually needed to clean the cam, bin the whole car immediately).
-
Getting shut of the car is not an option work has put me on days there for down £300 a month so I'm skint rocker cover will get changed and oil change agane with good oil not this semi sh!t then take it from there if she gose bang then she gose bang not much I can do lol
-
Look at you injection flange mount. Mine was leaking and thar might cause a similar smell.
-
get some lucas engine oil stabiliser slammed in there after a good engine flush with a good quality oil and the lucas stuff u should be right its like gold for ur engine 15 quid a litre mind u it needs to be but i swear by it
-
I do not like engine flush but in your case I would give it a try along with fresh oil and filter.
-
So the plan is new rocker cover gasket engion flush and good oil and new filter
Yes??
-
So the plan is new rocker cover gasket engion flush and good oil and new filter
Yes??
Yes, has to be worth trying
-
Right I'm on it thanks lads will keep you up to date