GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: gizmomk3 on 15 June 2012, 16:50

Title: Steering
Post by: gizmomk3 on 15 June 2012, 16:50
The steering wheel is shuddering from side to side when I do any speed over 40 mph what could this be??
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: Lumpz on 15 June 2012, 16:57
wheels probably need balancing
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: gizmomk3 on 15 June 2012, 16:59
Sound will get the lads to have a look tomoz in work
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: search on 15 June 2012, 21:01
tracking?
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: andy-gti84 on 15 June 2012, 21:30
tracking-balancing-drive shaft-ball joints etc etc could be any think best get it up in air an have a gd look.  :smiley:
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: Dannyboi30 on 15 June 2012, 22:38
Andy totally agree mate
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: gizmomk3 on 15 June 2012, 23:00
Tracking has just bin done hope it's nothing to costly lol
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: andy-gti84 on 16 June 2012, 16:37
take it is still doing it then? hope ya get it sorted  :smiley:
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: gizmomk3 on 16 June 2012, 21:49
Took wheels off in work this morning and balanced them agane still the same but not as bad I thing one of my wheels is buckled might swop front and back and see if it's any better.

A mate in work has some 17inc wolf race wheels that he is ment to be giving me for free will put them on for a bit be for I refurb them to see if it is the wheels or not.

I take it 17 will go on a mk3 with a drop of 40mm???? Please say that will go strate on
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: Wayne on 16 June 2012, 21:57
I take it 17 will go on a mk3 with a drop of 40mm???? Please say that will go strate on

Yes but check the offset you want et30 / et35

Your problem could be the rack on its way out.
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: gizmomk3 on 17 June 2012, 00:55
The wheels are off a 4 stud vw passat cl so I am hoping that thay will fit might be rack on its way out will have a good look if it ever stops raining