GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: robo22sri on 15 June 2012, 16:21
-
I keep having issues with going in 1st 2nd and 3rd!
I was approching a round about the other day and had come to a stand still put my foot down on the clutch and put it in 1st and crunch :(
like the slave cylinder is fubar, the clutch is not ridding and the biting point is ok but its just crap going in gear :(
-
Could try a linkage repair kit mate
-
Could try a linkage repair kit mate
I should say its a vr6 engine, where could i look for a linkage repair kit?
-
If the gear lever has an adjuster losen it in 1st and rotate. if not check the cables or possible the box needs replacing
-
Had a issue on 16v where 1st and reverse were a nightmare getting into gear.after a good look round I found a brittle piece of plastic that fits through the end of top cable and onto the tower.got a new bit from vw main dealer which said it was a common prob.fitted it,job done! No slack on gear stick and all gears engage as they should.