GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: thai-wronghorse on 13 June 2012, 10:19

Title: MOT failure!
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 13 June 2012, 10:19
Just took the mk3 for its annual scrutinising and considering I've not had the chance to check anything over recently it didn't do to badly, Just needs the offside steering rack gaitor replacing which I'm glad to say is a cheap fix. Fingers crossed it stays dry at the weekend so I can tackle it now. :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: MOT failure!
Post by: trog_nfs on 13 June 2012, 10:29
at least you're not flintstoning it
Title: Re: MOT failure!
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 13 June 2012, 11:40
Na which I'm pleased about, the tester commented on how solid and clean it was actually which is reassuring. I did get an advisory for some minor corrosion near the offside seatbelt mounting point though so when I'm underneath il have a butchers to see what needs treating before the rust takes hold.
Title: Re: MOT failure!
Post by: Screech16v on 13 June 2012, 21:26
Not bad at all  :shocked: ,that must be one well looked after golf  :smiley:
Title: Re: MOT failure!
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 14 June 2012, 00:51
Had a look for the advisory, there appears to be some light scabbing just below the drivers door  rubber seal. A common place on these tbh, its still rock solid though so a good dose of Kurust and some touch up paint should do the job for now.