GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: murraymint on 13 June 2012, 00:03

Title: What colour should I go for?
Post by: murraymint on 13 June 2012, 00:03
Just thinking about it atm but my car is crying out for a respray and was thinking about doing this as a tempory messure after seeing this post on ed38

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=443781

He used these cans

http://www.montana-cans.com/products/Cans/Montana_GOLD/Montana_GOLD_400ml/61#

I pm'd the guy n he said it was really easy to use and cheap too.

I like
Kent blood red and Mt. Everest

What colours do you like?

Title: Re: What colour should I do for?
Post by: Bellend on 13 June 2012, 00:11
In my opinon get some cheap vinyl off eBay.

When you come to respray properly that paint will be a b!tch.
Title: Re: What colour should I do for?
Post by: search on 13 June 2012, 00:16
best bet is to do it inside noooo wind what so ever. even on a nice hot sunny day youll be surprised how the wind can effect spray paint. iv also seen some good results with rollers and rustolen paint.
Title: Re: What colour should I go for?
Post by: search on 13 June 2012, 00:31
Just seen that yellow mk3 looks pretty good actually. any idea how many cans he needed and how long it took? does he use primer and clear coat?