GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: jamesblonde on 11 June 2012, 19:39
-
I was looking on the web for where to put a cold air feed for my mk3 and i seen a picture of someone with one for where their fog lights go. I was just wondering whether any one knew where i could get one of these or would i have to do it myself?
-
Go scrap yard and get fog take glass off and bulb out job done
-
You can buy them online, I think they're about £20. I just made mine myself, with some length of flexible pipe, the casing of the fog light and some hot glue.
(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/kharekatoh/golf%20mk3/IMG_20110208_144606.jpg)
(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/kharekatoh/golf%20mk3/IMG_20110208_153158.jpg)
-
ill have to look around for a cheap fog light :D thanks
-
You're in luck
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=230975.0 (http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=230975.0)
It's driver's side too :smiley:
-
Now that is tempting
-
As you've got under 10 posts you can't message me, so if you want to get in touch email em at andres_ton[AT]hotmail.com :smiley:
-
What about these air ducts, who sells these???
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/001.jpg)
-
What about these air ducts, who sells these???
A company called Kamei used to make them but they have not been available new for some time.
-
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=bodystyling&product=AirIntakes&make=VW&model=Golf%20Mk%203
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=143780.0
-
Yeah they're the lower ones. I've got them too, the ones that bored_welsh_lad sold me. I prefer the fog light route, as it's shorted and more direct too so the bottom intakes I've got without any piping at the back, they're better for brakes.
-
I've also got a set of those.
-
I have the lower ones smoothed in to my bumper. Good for brakes.
I also have a 100mm cold air feed :wink: this week end I'm going to have two 100mm cold air feeds :lipsrsealed:
-
The fog lamp feed is safer with deep water, the lower ones could cause issues, one deep puddle could end in tears.
-
Not to sure about the lower ones. Had a look at where the fogs should go and the reflector in the middle is attached to the other reflector that is where the fog should be.
-
So you've got dummy fogs? All you'd need for that side is a fog light and then buy the tow eye cover on it's own, like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK3-TOW-EYE-COVER-GTI-LH-RH-NEW-GOLF-MK-3-Fog-Cover-Blank-/120929144322?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c27f04e02#ht_748wt_952 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK3-TOW-EYE-COVER-GTI-LH-RH-NEW-GOLF-MK-3-Fog-Cover-Blank-/120929144322?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c27f04e02#ht_748wt_952)
-
Thanks Very Much :)
-
Do you reckon that bored welsh lad has still got any?
-
Doubt it, it was almost 3 years ago
-
He supplied them to three of my mk3's. I hate the standard bumper vents.
-
Ive got the lower ducts also ,was worried at first about water intake but having driven through lots of pretty bad weather and heavy spray off hgv,s i worry no more,just dont go wading!
-
I like the look of the fog light ones though :D
-
Fog light cold air intake works better as it has a pretty much direct route to the airbox. From the bumper it has to curve upwards a lot which is not as great. With regards to water intake, you need to drive through knee deep water at speed to even come close to getting water up the airbox.
-
Yeah i do prefer the fog lamp intake more.
-
Fog light does look cool ,knare did you do your impressive dyno run with this mod as to me the entry seems a touch small :undecided:
-
Dyno run was done as the car stands (except I've ported the throttle body since). The entry is 50mm in diameter iirc, which is not huge, but because it's such a straight path to the airbox it is worth putting there.
-
Dyno run was done as the car stands (except I've ported the throttle body since). The entry is 50mm in diameter iirc, which is not huge, but because it's such a straight path to the airbox it is worth putting there.
Fair play mate,didnt think is was that big tbh,so the way it is positioned it must have some ram air effect at speed :cool:
-
Well the fog light casing is funneled inwards, so that helps a lot. Otherwise I would have put an intake trumpet.