GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: kahunajb on 11 June 2012, 12:25
-
Had car in garage for MOT today and asked them to take a look at oil leak I have got which I thought may be the sump gasket however they have diagnosed it as the balance shaft oil seal.
Does anyone know what this is or if it is know by something else as can't find any info when searching the site and not heard of it before.
Thanks
-
They have an intermediate shaft which drives the oil pump, seal is not expensive but it is a lot of work to replace it, may be worth fitting a new cam belt at the same time.
-
Cambelt is not very old but now covered in oil so will be getting replaced. It's not been a good day as the coolant leak which I thought was just a flange is actually the water pump too.