GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: jnufcuk on 10 June 2012, 13:38

Title: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: jnufcuk on 10 June 2012, 13:38
Afternoon guys and gals.

I'm coming from a mk4 which had an armrest and loved it  :smiley: seen the mk3 ones on eBay and had a search on here but haven't seen any fitted?

Got an auto if that makes any difference? Don't know how far they armrest sticks out?

Anyone got a pic of one fitted?

Thanks  :smiley:
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 13:48
The only arm rest I would fit is the US spec OEM fitment ones which you can find on Ebay which come with a rear cup holder and the boot release button under the arm rest, very cool. :cool:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-CONSOLE-VW-GOLF-JETTA-93-99-BLACK-MK3-CUP-HOLDER-/130663901489?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6c2ce931
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: murraymint on 10 June 2012, 13:56
Apparently that us spec one isn't big enuff to use as a proper arm rest. I've bin thinking about fitting a mk4 arm rest in my mk3 for a wile, don't know how hard it would be to fit tho
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: jnufcuk on 10 June 2012, 14:06
I was thinking something like one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Armrest-Centre-Console-fits-VW-GOLF-MK3-MK4-MK5-/280875613702?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41657dbe06#ht_4139wt_922
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: murraymint on 10 June 2012, 14:15
Yh I looked at them too but seems as its not a straight fit thort may as well go for a oem arm rest
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: jnufcuk on 10 June 2012, 14:32
But if they're too short to actually be used as an armrest what are they used for lol  :undecided:
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: dom on 10 June 2012, 14:33
I'm pretty sure any eBay armrest will be garbage, the MK4 ones certainly are.
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: jnufcuk on 10 June 2012, 14:40
I'm pretty sure any eBay armrest will be garbage, the MK4 ones certainly are.

Should have taken my Oem mk4 one out before I sold it lol. I'm not expecting a lot from £20  :grin:
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: gasketface on 10 June 2012, 14:44
Iv'e seen one of these fitted to a mk3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Armrest-Centre-Console-for-Vauxhall-Zafira-Corsa-Tigra-Astra-Vectra-Combo-Meriva-/180876669830?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1d16f386


Pass the sickbag please. :sad:
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 14:49
Oh god!!! If you fit something like that all you are thinking of is somewhere to rest your arm and not something you like the look of!!!

Have you tried a bag of Potato's??? :laugh:
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 10 June 2012, 15:52
As Murray mentions above, the US centre console isn't tall enough to be classed as an armrest. It's got a handy little cubby box inside it though, I think I might install some kind of mp3 docking station in mine.
OEM mk3 armrests do exist but are super hard to find now, believe me I've looked for yonks.
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 15:53
As Murray mentions above, the US centre console isn't tall enough to be classed as an armrest. It's got a handy little cubby box inside it though, I think I might install some kind of mp3 docking station in mine.
OEM mk3 armrests do exist but are super hard to find now, believe me I've looked for yonks.

Have you wired in the Boot pop button and if so what was your recipe??? :kiss:
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 10 June 2012, 16:09
Na, its another one of those jobs I never get around to doing. I've sourced the proper US parts but I'm contemplating on turning it into a subwoofer power switch or something instead maybe.
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: search on 10 June 2012, 16:14
my gear stick a fine wrist rest lol.
Title: Re: Yay or Nay to armrest?
Post by: Screech16v on 10 June 2012, 16:35
my gear stick a fine wrist rest lol.
Mine aint ive cut it down to much  :evil: