GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 12:53

Title: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 12:53
It has been mentioned by Wayne and a few more of you guys that although it looks good, deleting wing repeaters will be a MOT failure.

Question to you all, if I fit a US spec bumper and wired up the marker lights as repeaters will this count as a PASS???

(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/5051997273_b6cffdac6b_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: tweed on 10 June 2012, 13:17
They are not wing repeaters they are side repeaters!

So as ling as you have a side repeater it will pass. Front bumper is US spec. I want to put a LED in my wing mirror. Is doesn't matter where it is as long as you have one.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 13:42
They are not wing repeaters they are side repeaters!

 :grin: Yeah, I know, was playing it safe as some people call them wing repeaters so I thought I'd wing it  :grin:

I was also thinking of fitting LED's to some Cult Society Lupo style mirrors plus the marker lights in the US Spec bumper.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: tweed on 10 June 2012, 14:09
That will pass dude  :wink:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 14:23
Is this the type of LED's you have been looking at for your mirrors???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-13-Car-Mirror-LED-Yellow-Soft-Turn-Signal-Indicator-Lamp-Light-Waterproof-New-/270993894131?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f187eaaf3
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Wayne on 10 June 2012, 15:06
If your running a white car then just fit clear ones.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: tweed on 10 June 2012, 15:09
Is this the type of LED's you have been looking at for your mirrors???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-13-Car-Mirror-LED-Yellow-Soft-Turn-Signal-Indicator-Lamp-Light-Waterproof-New-/270993894131?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f187eaaf3


No. I am thinking about drilling a 10mm hole in the mirror and flush fit a 10mm orange LED. I put clear sealant over the hole also.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: search on 10 June 2012, 16:22
i like thos us spec bumpers. Think these will look ok with a vento front end?
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 16:38
See what you think, picked a couple of White ones for you, don't know why :grin:

(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/Palomar_Mountain_20090307_418.jpg)

I like this :drool:

(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/6367631821_66e3b62ddc_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: tweed on 10 June 2012, 17:15
Yeah mate I love US spec mk3's. Front bumper is dope but Im just saying I want them in the mirror. I really want US rear end and skirts.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 17:27
Would really love the License Plate holder for the Cabrio bootlid, but the boot itself is a different pressing so you'd need a US boot/tailgate to cat and Fab it in :sad:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: search on 10 June 2012, 17:54
why do US get the best of everything, even in side the mk3 get a cup hold that holds two yes two cups and a arm rest.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 18:04
why do US get the best of everything, even in side the mk3 get a cup hold that holds two yes two cups and a arm rest.

That three yes three cup holders in total :wink:

Two here up front - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/black-usa-93-98-mk3-golf-cabrio-jetta-2-can-cup-holder-console-/300695099870?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4602d319de

One at the rear - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270963391582?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

 :tongue:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: search on 10 June 2012, 18:12
lol i quite!  :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 18:18
 :kiss:

As part of my interior retrim I am replacing all the Blue plastic trim for Black, I have already swapped out the under dash parcel shelf for the lower (later) glovebox and both of the centre console parts. But later I will change the rear for the US spec one and wish to add the front cup holders, BUT will this also fit with a Fischer 6 disc CD holder???

Has anyone seen this done before, if not I may just get both and try it, if it doesn't I can always sell the Fischer on again as this sell all the time. :wink:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: GUMBALL3000 on 10 June 2012, 18:20
why do US get the best of everything, even in side the mk3 get a cup hold that holds two yes two cups and a arm rest.
I agree actually!!! I hate the way we get the basic everything so they could save a few quid here and there.. The US Porsche 944 is another car that looks really cool compared to ours too.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Gavv8 on 10 June 2012, 18:41
Surely the mk3 is heavy enough without filling it full of cupholders, armrests and extra gauges to make you worry about something you didn't need to worry about in the first place.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: GUMBALL3000 on 10 June 2012, 18:46
Very true actually.. Just more things to break, and un wanted weight.. Never thought of that
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 18:49
Surely the mk3 is heavy enough without filling it full of cupholders, armrests and extra gauges to make you worry about something you didn't need to worry about in the first place.

I'll worry about that when middle age spread sets in, where do you think I'm gonna put me Super Sized Coke's when I'm eating me Big Tasty and Large Fries listening to my Fat Boy Slim CD while resting my Bingo Wings on the Arm rest. Well I can save some cash on slamming the deck and I only need to go 20mph when cruising the streets looking for Fat Birds :grin: :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: search on 10 June 2012, 18:54
Surely the mk3 is heavy enough without filling it full of cupholders, armrests and extra gauges to make you worry about something you didn't need to worry about in the first place.

I'll worry about that when middle age spread sets in, where do you think I'm gonna put me Super Sized Coke's when I'm eating me Big Tasty and Large Fries listening to my Fat Boy Slim CD while resting my Bingo Wings on the Arm rest. Well I can save some cash on slamming the deck and I only need to go 20mph when cruising the streets looking for Fat Birds :grin: :grin: :grin:

crease
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Gavv8 on 10 June 2012, 19:15
Probably not a good idea to slam it then or you'll end up beached on a speedbump and thats very uncool.. :wink:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 19:46
Probably not a good idea to slam it then or you'll end up beached on a speedbump and thats very uncool.. :wink:

Talking about that, what is the lowest you boys run without problems with the old sleeping policemen???

Is 60mm all round on 16" safe on the VR6 splitter, no fat birds in transit!!! :shocked:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Wayne on 10 June 2012, 21:49
Is 60mm all round on 16" safe on the VR6 splitter, no fat birds in transit!!! :shocked:

Yes will be fine :smiley:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 10 June 2012, 21:51
Cheers Wayne :wink:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Gavv8 on 10 June 2012, 21:51
I'm sure i read here somewhere that 60/40 is the best setup for a mk3, is that right?
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Wayne on 10 June 2012, 21:52
I'm sure i read here somewhere that 60/40 is the best setup for a mk3, is that right?

Yes as the tend to need lowering more on the front end.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: F17BAD on 10 June 2012, 22:47
60mm is still high by todays standards

i do fine at 100mm, daily used car

(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9762/imagesfo.jpg)

(http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1347/imageqsj.jpg)

(http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9194/imagejen.jpg)
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: GUMBALL3000 on 10 June 2012, 22:54
What side are your wheels F17BAD??
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: search on 11 June 2012, 00:59
mines like 75 or 80 thinking about going lower but so many speed bumps around my way!  :sick:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Gavv8 on 11 June 2012, 05:42
100mm looks great but i'd never get off my drive that low, i'm going to stick with 60/40.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 11 June 2012, 07:00
60mm is still high by todays standards

i do fine at 100mm, daily used car

(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9762/imagesfo.jpg)

(http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1347/imageqsj.jpg)

(http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9194/imagejen.jpg)

Are ey 16" 944 wheels?
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: GUMBALL3000 on 11 June 2012, 09:37
Yeah they are Design 90's (D90).. I can often get hold of these, and my step dad breaks Porsche 944's/924's and sometimes 928's

I just cant remember what size they are lol
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Wayne on 11 June 2012, 10:53
I just cant remember what size they are lol

16" and they are available in 7", 8" and 9" widths
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: GUMBALL3000 on 11 June 2012, 11:02
I just cant remember what size they are lol

16" and they are available in 7", 8" and 9" widths
Thanks.. couldnt remember if they only came in 16".. I know they did 7-9J.. Lovely wheels.. They suit Mk3's really well, and F17BAD's Golf is definatly my favorite i have seen so far!!
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Gavv8 on 11 June 2012, 19:36
You should read his build thread mate it's like a mk3 bible.
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Gash on 11 June 2012, 22:17
Im running my us side markers as indicators after deleting my wing indicters, il get a photo for you tomorrow if you want.

and by the way im running a us front bumper on a vento front and this is how it looks....

(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/430742_379321732085686_344610498890143_1443461_1160413343_n.jpg)
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 11 June 2012, 22:26
Mirror delete panels, where from???

Plus is that a different splitter than standard and VR6???

Nice BTW :kiss:
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: Gash on 11 June 2012, 22:28
i bought it off here. might be putting my mirror (which is half a dtm... yes half!) and the mirror black for sale, if i get a new set.

and the splitter is a geniune us one :)
Title: Re: Deleting wing repeaters.......MOT???
Post by: dubstar9 on 11 June 2012, 22:33
too many splitters to pick now.

Had and still have standard, got VR6, Cordoba is sick and now for that US spec look there's yours!!! :undecided: