GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: pootas on 10 June 2012, 11:47
-
So I recently sold my Golf and bought myself a VW Caddy as I'm doing part time work on my days off too...
Anyways it had a JVC headunit in the dash that was bodged in...the tool who installed it had chopped the VW harness and used push connectors to bodge it into the JVC harness...I decided to remove the stereo and bodged wires and install a Sony...BAD IDEA!!!
Since removing the stereo and bodged wiring my speedo, indicators, dash lights have stopped working...The headlights work but the light doesn't show on dash...hazards work but indicators don't!!!
I've checked all fuses and none are blown...Seeing at the caddy is basically a Golf in a van guise I was hoping you guys might know what's up with it before I have to take it to a auto-electrician...
I've managed to find constant live with my voltmeter but all other cables are a mystery!!!
(http://i.imgur.com/GWT3yh.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/8zq3uh.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/wVYQDh.jpg)
-
hmm, well, there will be like you say, constant live, switch live, Illumination (goes live when you switch on the lights) speakers right & left, an a few other in there, the fact the wiring is that well bodged it is almost impossible to internet diagnose, but deffinatley sounds like fuse related with all those bare wires.....
the caddy is polo based, closer to the polo saloon in fact as it uses a 6k subframe ( same as ibiza ), If i were you id search about for a wiring diagram, and have a search about the caddy forums too....
-
Double check the fuse to clocks.