GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: 67buggers on 07 June 2012, 16:46
-
Does any one know what this is? And do I need it? There are 2 in each corner of my dash, don't know if it's part of the alarm or an old phone kit. Planning to get some black abc pillars and don't want to put holes in them. What I have is just painted black
-
Pic?
-
Oh yeah ... might help!
(http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd383/67buggers/64e53435.jpg)
-
Looks like a sensor for an aftermarket alarm system, do you have one fitted,,
-
Aftermarket alarm sensor, odd to see them that low there usually at the top of the pillar but still
-
I would also say proximity sensor for alarm,or worlds smallest tweeter :grin:
-
yeah, i'ts def an alarm sensor, my mate had them on his car, pain in the arse if the get turned out the window, constantly go off. they might have put it down there out of site. god knows.
-
Could also be an old handsfree mic for a phone.
-
Oh yeah, maybe.. :smiley:
-
alarm sensor for the vw fitted conlog alarm
mine had them!
-
Mine's got them too. Ultrasonic sensors. I have no idea what the key I got from the previous owner does but it fits the alarm box in the engine bay and I am hoping it has turned the alarm off...
-
Mine has them too.. My car is fitted with a TOAD alarm.. thought it was to do with that, untill i read this lol
-
Nice one. Was hoping to ditch them but looks like there here to stay
-
Im sure you could re-locate them if you dont want them on your A pillar tho.
-
You could be clever and place them inside your outer a vents :cool:
-
I like this idea!