GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: stainesy on 07 June 2012, 12:59

Title: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: stainesy on 07 June 2012, 12:59
Looking at joeying my headlights today but shops round corner from me don't do heat proof paint. Does it have to be high temp paint or will any brush on stuff do?
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: tweed on 07 June 2012, 13:07
I sprayed some ford graphite grey into the lid and painted it on. Will be fine to use normal paint
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: search on 07 June 2012, 13:09
agreed normal paint will do... like the idea of spraying paint in the lid ill have to do that for mine.
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: tweed on 07 June 2012, 13:11
agreed normal paint will do... like the idea of spraying paint in the lid ill have to do that for mine.


Be gentel and cover it over with a old rag.
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: 67buggers on 07 June 2012, 14:21
I sprayed some ford graphite grey into the lid and painted it on. Will be fine to use normal paint

I did this last night!
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: stainesy on 07 June 2012, 14:38
Sweet all done. Just Gota let it dry now before I put glass back on. I did my vento headlights but I happened to have a tin of heat proof paint in my shed at the time so wasn't sure. I also just did front and rear VW badges I had spare to.  :grin:
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: stainesy on 07 June 2012, 15:44
sweeeeeeet all done and back on the car. all it needs now is a VR splitter and the black vw badge and the gti badge removed from grill and its gona look sweeeet  :grin:
its ment to be sunner and its p!ssing down  :cry:
(http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/slammed_golf/joey1.jpg)
(http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/slammed_golf/joey2.jpg)
(http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/slammed_golf/joey3.jpg)
(http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/slammed_golf/joey4.jpg)
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: KIN9DUB on 07 June 2012, 16:07
looks nice mate, will be doing mine soon. :smug:
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: 67buggers on 07 June 2012, 16:48
Loads better.... Looking good dude
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: Mikester on 09 June 2012, 19:10
I used hamerite and it worked fine. I have done at least 3 sets.
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: dom on 09 June 2012, 20:09
I still think this is one of the best mods you can do to a Mk3, it's so cheap and makes such a nice difference to the front end :cool:
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: Gavv8 on 09 June 2012, 20:14
I'm going to do mine tommorow, what do you use to re-seal the lights?
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: Dannyboi30 on 09 June 2012, 20:27
clear silicon
Title: Re: Joey headlight paint.
Post by: search on 09 June 2012, 20:31
I'm going to do mine tommorow, what do you use to re-seal the lights?

first time i used nothing was 100% fine as long as the old stuff is still on. second time i had some sealant laying around so just added a bit of that.