GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Junior74 on 06 June 2012, 21:30
-
Can anyone help?
Looked in the usual places but can't seem to find any decent pics of mk3's on 18inch wheels.
Anybody got any (side on if possible), I know they will be too big and look rediculous but I'm obsessed with a set of 3sdm's, smallest size is 18".
Somebody please put me off!!!!!
-
Not only will they look sh!te it'll drive horrifically. Don't do it!
-
Have you got a pic of your car side on and the wheels? Photoshop?..
-
Mk3's don't seem to wear big alloys too well.
-
Not only will they look sh!te it'll drive horrifically. Don't do it!
Yes, you are right but just wanted to see some proof...
Have you got a pic of your car side on and the wheels? Photoshop?..
I would do this but would end up photoshopping them to look good!!!!
-
Have seen a few with 18"s and it is not easy, even with 215/35's they can catch the front of the beam.
Not worth the hassle, stick with the corvette rims
-
A few...
(http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/nick.nat/A8-1.jpg)
(http://www.pictars.com/users/psi_glx/lobs_2f.jpg)
(http://www.jwelty.com/1newvws/RG3-Ffronthuman2.JPG)
(http://www.vwot.org/community/modules/Gallery/albums/albur27/IMG_0256.sized.jpg)
(http://www.juststance.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/mk3goldgolf.jpg)
(http://www.vwot.org/community/modules/Gallery/albums/album184/IMG_0930.sized.jpg)
-
That last one at the bottom is yum!
-
yeah them R32's look real good!
-
That last one at the bottom is yum!
50 / 50 on it, looks ok but 18"s still look too big on a mk3
-
That last one at the bottom is yum!
50 / 50 on it, looks ok but 18"s still look too big on a mk3
I know what you mean, has to be the right stance/colour.
-
I'm also liking the new 3sdm 0.05 alloys i've even emailed them asking if there will be a 17" made and the response is they have a 16" on the drawing bored but 17" is not in the pipeline as of yet but maybe in the future :smiley:
-
(http://www.pictars.com/users/psi_glx/lobs_2f.jpg)
I think these look alright :smiley:
-
Seen a mk3 on 18" concave rotiforms. All tucked up and slammed on air.
It looked fcuking amazing!! :wink:
-
(http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/Juniorandhendrix/3sdmstuff.jpg)
These....Matt Black with polished lips.... :smiley:
Thanks for all the input everyone...keep it coming if you like...
16" would be perfect...did they give you any idea on dates???
-
Oh :cool:
I've also been looking at them in PVW didn't know what they where called. I want a set!! Was thinking about selling my schmidts
-
That blue Caddy van looks the nuts! :drool:
-
I think they are really nice, I am seriously obsessed!!!!
Smallest available are 18" 8.5 and 9.5....
When I started this topic I was expecting to see some ugly MK3's on wagon wheels....BUT!!!!
-
I think they are really nice, I am seriously obsessed!!!!
Smallest available are 18" 8.5 and 9.5....
Thing is they wouldn't look as nice in 16"
Yeah 8.5 and 9.5 are perfect. I want 4" lip giving me 10"s :grin:
-
Think BIG!!! :smiley:
-
A couple of Cabrio's on 18's for you.
R32 Alloys
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/644_1164593833_link.jpg)
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/644_1164593894.jpg)
Porsche Alloys
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/39221511629fac668641b.jpg)
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/VRCabrioProject707.jpg)
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/3650672856_f742fc1f60_o.jpg)
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg589/dubstar9/VRCabrioProject706.jpg)
-
a bit too big in my opinion, but then i guess i comes down to personal choice etc. that caddy van looked th sex though. shame if they are only doing them wheels in 18". :sad:
-
These....Matt Black with polished lips.... :smiley:
Thanks for all the input everyone...keep it coming if you like...
16" would be perfect...did they give you any idea on dates???
[/quote]
No mate they didn't all that was said is they have them planned but still a long way off i really hope they consider 17" as i'd be straight on them :smiley: i feel though that everyone will be buying a set they have already sold more than they have made with pre orders :laugh: It's a relatively new company and i think they only have one other different set available which are the 0.01 alloys which arn't so nice. These are massive in the us at the mo and i believe forge motorsport will be the main sales people for these also.
-
Yeah i had a look too aand emailed them asking about 16's. hopefully if they're more in demand they'll get umm done quicker :smiley:, really nice wheeels though. the other ones theyve done :sick: