GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 14:08

Title: what are these wheels?
Post by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 14:08
what are these wheels? listing says early mk3 gti. is that right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-EARLY-MK3-GTI-WHEELS-/130707769830?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item1e6eca49e6#ht_500wt_1287
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: Wayne on 06 June 2012, 14:12
Yep, Le Mans were fitted on early GTI's
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 14:20
Yep, Le Mans were fitted on early GTI's

do they look nice on a lowered mk3?
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: 16valver dan on 06 June 2012, 14:21
le mans as far as i know they were fitted for first few years then replaced for "style" apparently
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 14:26
do you recon they would look better than my sport raders on my lowered green  mk3 in my sig pic?
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: 16valver dan on 06 June 2012, 14:27
they would look different as you dont see many members sporting them on here, but the raders do suit ur car its a hard decision but at 40 thats scrap value anyway lol
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 14:29
well i was actully going to swap my wheels for them if he was up for it as he isnt far from me

i think they would look nice polished
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 06 June 2012, 15:39
An old chinese man once said..... "you can never have enough alloys lying around"
I say buy them anyway lol
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 06 June 2012, 15:59
I prefer the Le Mans wheels myself.
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: Ess_Three on 06 June 2012, 16:14
I prefer the Le Mans wheels myself.

I had a set lying about that are now on my Mother's new Fabia as it's winter wheels.
She prefers them to the standard Fabia 5 spoke wheels.

They are a decent, strong, light wheel.
Only 6" wide though.

I don't use the flat centre caps, just buffed off all the casting marks etc and use a standard VAG centre cap.
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: MK3 Menace on 06 June 2012, 16:50
I have a set on mine, feel free to pop over and see them.

Mine are yellow with black centres though. I am on the hunt for proper centre caps for them.

I like them as they are not seen often and make a change from the norm...
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 16:59
yeah thats why i kinda like my sport raders as you dont see them anymore and they do look good in person it the shiney anthrasite colur they are.
i would love to buy them but the bloke wont swap for mine even though i recon mine are probly worth abit more. but i dont have £40 to spend on them right now. was hoping he would swap but think he is a part dealer looking at his other bits so it dont matter now. will just have to save up £40 odd quid and buy some  :grin:

Do you fancey a swap?  :wink: :grin:
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: MK3 Menace on 06 June 2012, 17:13
Not interested in a swap i am afraid as like I said they are different.

I am tempted to buy them as I read the advert and the centre caps are with them.

I could have a winter set too...

i know there was a set on a MK3 breaking in Bedford a while back, but it might be the same guy but the photos of the MK2 seems like a different part of Bedford...
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 17:21
No worries. As my dear old dad used to say to me. You never know unless you ask  :grin:
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: murraymint on 06 June 2012, 19:30
They kinda look like my old wheels

(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/murrayminf/2011-11-12163937.jpg)
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: Junior74 on 06 June 2012, 19:45
I like them....(the wheels on eBay)
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: MK3 Menace on 06 June 2012, 20:10
I'm happy to swap mine for your Corvette rims ;-)
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: Junior74 on 06 June 2012, 20:25
Ha!!!!
Brilliant...local too...
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: Gavv8 on 06 June 2012, 20:39
I'd like a set of those instead of my longbeaches, there was a member on here who had a set on his red mk3 and looked really good.
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: stainesy on 06 June 2012, 20:55
Just been spit to the bloke and may be going to get them tomorrow  :grin:
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: MK3 Menace on 06 June 2012, 21:39
Ha!!!!
Brilliant...local too...

Haha, suit would be my wheels and a lot of £££ your way!
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: MK3 Menace on 06 June 2012, 21:40
Just been spit to the bloke and may be going to get them tomorrow  :grin:

If you want to sell the centre caps let me know. Be happy to give some cash and that mystic blue grill in exchange...
Title: Re: what are these wheels?
Post by: MK3 Menace on 06 June 2012, 21:44
Ha!!!!
Brilliant...local too...

Haha, suit would be my wheels and a lot of £££ your way!

Just seen your other thread, if you do want to let those wheels go let me know...