GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: 01664gti on 06 June 2012, 12:31
-
I have just took a mk3 gti in as a trade in,It was fine on test but now seems to randonly decided to only rev to about 5k and then hit the limiter.It can be fine one minute and then play up another.
I did a search but it came up about timing being out,Surely if this was the case it would do it all the time.
its an agg 8v so nothing special,I have tried my vagcom and it cant connect to vehicle
Any help with this would be great
-
if its intermitant id go with the hall sensor on its way out, or the wiring? if it was all the time then the timimng or dizzy would have been mis aligned.
the 5000rpm limit is a safe mode to stop the car lunching itself, knowing theres a timimng issue
-
Yeah sounds like hall sensor in the dizzy,throw a known working dizzy in there ,that should sort it :smiley:
-
ok guys cheers,Ill see if i can find one breaking local