GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: search on 05 June 2012, 14:50
-
though I fixed it but turns out I haven't. :-( now its raining again my boot and under my back seat is soaking. I just notice the rear door seal has dropped compaire to the other side. could that be my problem? also do I need to get a new seal or can I use sealent to just patch up the gap lol... I hear replacing the seal is a pain in the arse.
-
Get inside and get someone to hose suspected areas,hopefully that should show where the leak is :wink:
-
Worth checking the seal around rear lights as well while your at it.
Door seal is an easy job.
-
I thought it was the rear lights so brought new gaskets but been really nice weather for the last two weeks untill now. I will have to wait for a nice day to do the hose trick. thought it might of been roof seal so stuck that back down with sealent. the water is coming from above the rear wheel arch in the boot down the side all the way to the boot that's all the wet patches. then puddle in boot.
-
Do you have a factory sunroof fitted, if so check the drain hoses are going down through the grommets in the corner all ok.
-
Do you have a factory sunroof fitted, if so check the drain hoses are going down through the grommets in the corner all ok.
no no sunroof, but on a quick inspection i noticed the roof seal actually has a chunk out of it, under the door i'm not expecting this to be the case. all fun and games.
-
I think your tail light gaskets are the problem
-
there new ones tho :-/
-
there new ones tho :-/
In that case, check the boot seal.
-
there new ones tho :-/
In that case, check the boot seal.
yup was the boot seal. ordering a new one.
-
ok wasn't the boot seal! argh its pissing it down out there my boot is soaking again, just had a quick look and looking like the welding on the car has come apart. its actually bubbling under the paint a wee bit and looks like it could be a tiny tiny hole. so when its dry im gong to seal that up and try again!!!!
if i cant fix it then im classing it as a mod! swimming pool in my boot £1.50 a hour to use it lol.