GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: pinson on 05 June 2012, 10:58

Title: Fog Light Wiring Loom
Post by: pinson on 05 June 2012, 10:58
I have an early mk3 gti so it didnt have front fog lights as standard. I have bought fog lights from the scrappy but I am scratching my head a little as I can't find a fog light wiring loom off the internet.

I have got the new switch so I can turn the front fogs on. Will I need any relays for this?
Title: Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
Post by: dubstar9 on 05 June 2012, 12:37
Have are a loom on Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK3-FRONT-FOGLIGHT-LOOM-/270955382033?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f16330511

Seem to by more heated seat looms than for front fog lights :undecided:

Title: Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 05 June 2012, 13:07
Il have a spare loom for sale in a couple of days if you're interested mate?
Title: Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
Post by: pinson on 05 June 2012, 13:48
Yeah I have noticed that they are all mostly heated seat looms.

What price is on the spare one mate?
Title: Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 05 June 2012, 16:38
Well seeing as that one on eBay is £29.99 + £4.99 postage il do mine for £25 including p&p.
Title: Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
Post by: pinson on 06 June 2012, 13:18
What conncetors are on the headlights? are they round or square?

Also do you know if I will need any additional relays?
Title: Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 06 June 2012, 14:52
It's a late loom, so oval headlight connector blocks. Converters are available anyway or simple cut your existing ones off. No additional relays are required, its simply plug and play.