GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Bandit127 on 02 June 2012, 20:12

Title: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
Post by: Bandit127 on 02 June 2012, 20:12
Will any VAG steering wheel (from the same era) fit my Golf?

I want to upgrade mine and have read someone put an Audi R8 one in theirs (it cost an arm and a leg though). Aftermarket sports ones are out as I want to keep the airbag and don't want messing about at MOT time.

I am on a budget so I am thinking maybe a leather one from an A6 from about 2000 would be a lot nicer and would also have an airbag.

Title: Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
Post by: Golf_GT_TDI on 02 June 2012, 20:57
I've heard of Mk4 and Audi A3/S3 ones being fitted, can't remember what needs doing though for them to fit
Title: Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
Post by: Michael on 02 June 2012, 21:19
I've heard of Mk4 and Audi A3/S3 ones being fitted, can't remember what needs doing though for them to fit

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163495.0

And getting a mk4 one to fit...

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=189572.msg1770950;topicseen#msg1770950
Title: Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
Post by: Rmachines on 02 June 2012, 21:27
I have a MK3.5 wheel for sale, air bag is straight swap.   :wink:
Title: Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 02 June 2012, 23:55
How much?
Title: Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
Post by: dubstar9 on 03 June 2012, 13:15
Would any of the following steering wheels fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220972778405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320895205266?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Title: Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
Post by: murraymint on 03 June 2012, 14:19
Would any of the following steering wheels fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220972778405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320895205266?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

top one will fit, bottom one will need modding