GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Tabx808 on 02 June 2012, 19:14
-
Just picked up a vr for a fairly decent price. Had an st24 and a vec preface gsi in between golfs but neither were as much fun to drive. The st lasted about a week in fact before it got binned. Awful car.
Anyways this is what I got.
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/566934e7.jpg)
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/64304410.jpg)
It's got a couple of niggly faults that I can see but will have to have a good look tomorrow. Def needs a good service but is motd til next April.
-
Looks a nice clean example but we need more pics....yeah the st24, like all mondeo's are horrible unreliable things.
-
Sweet xD
-
i had an st24 between golfs last year and only had it about 4 months and got rid. wasnt fast. i no its faster than an 8v but i was expecting more from a 2.5 V6. the drivers seat broke and layed flat back wile i was doing about 90 (privat road :grin:).
also i am a very broad chap (not fat) and i did not fit in the seat propply. had to sit sideways with one part of my back in the seat and the other part on the buckety bit.
nice looking VR mate. as said need more pics
-
good example bud well done :grin:
-
Sorry posted this and went straight out to see Prometheus.
Will get some more pics tomorrow once I back it out the jungle it's parked in.
Yeah the st was awful. Drivers seat broke the day after I got it. It didn't seem to have any urgency about it either. Not a car to drive hard. More of a boat.
Am pleased with this one so far. It made the trip from Norwich to London without any dramas. Will see what the morning brings.
-
That'll do the job nicely.. :cool:
-
Few more pics in between the rain.
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/ad62dd41.jpg)
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/814a7d58.jpg)
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/9fb0c1b4.jpg)
cone filter that needs to be removed as soon as I can find an airbox.
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/f97ebaf7.jpg)
Also thinking this battery looks a bit small for what should be fitted.
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/5e349fdb.jpg)
One fault Ive noticed. When ignition on but engine off everything lights up ok. Start the engine and the handbrake light comes on and off correctly but is really dim. Related to the battery perhaps?
-
Had the same problem when i first picked up the Cabrio, tiny battery with starting problems etc....so I fitted a Mk3 TDi spec Battery, no more problems :wink:
-
Nice looking car bud :smiley:
-
How about a group buy on strimmers.. :grin:
-
How about a group buy on strimmers.. :grin:
Its awful I know. Problem is that its a shared access round the back of the houses. By shared access I mean a communal dumping ground for anything and everything they cant be assed to take to the tip. When it comes to cutting the grass its fully suit goggles and face mask. Not looking forward to cutting it but if it gets much longer I wont be able to find the car.
-
I'm only joking bud, seems to be a lot of overgrown mk3 owners gardens at the moment, must be all the hard work we are putting in to our beloved cars.. :wink:
-
lol I know mate :smiley:
Well i cant say anything. Only had it a day. Took it to a vauxhall owners meet today. Just so I could show them what a v6 should sound like :grin:
-
Have to stick up for my old Omega 3.0 MV6 at this point. It had a drilled airbox and sounded absolutely amazing.
Not saying it beats a VR6 - but it is the best sounding V6 I have owned buy a long way and way better than a Vectra V6.
-
No need to stick up for it. Like my vauxhalls. Had a vec gsi before this one and have had a few Astros in the past. Almost bought an omega mv6 but was just too big for what I wanted.
-
Sorry posted this and went straight out to see Prometheus.
Nice looking motor mate :cool:
What was Prometheus like?
-
Looks a good clean / straight car.
Before replacing the battery, clean all the earths
-
Sorry posted this and went straight out to see Prometheus.
Nice looking motor mate :cool:
What was Prometheus like?
Not bad if you don't have any expectations for it to be anything like the original that Ridley Scott also directed. Is an ok film though.
-
Looks a good clean / straight car.
Before replacing the battery, clean all the earths
Good idea that. Will def be giving it a full service and good clean up.
It's fairly straight and has been looked after in the past. Seems the last couple of owners haven't really bothered though.
-
Just rejoined the mk3 club with a gti 8v and would have loved a vr, all the best with it
adam
-
Just rejoined the mk3 club with a gti 8v and would have loved a vr, all the best with it
adam
My first mk3 was an 8v. couldnt fault it really. Might be wishing mine was an 8v in a couple of months. depends on how sensible I can drive it.
-
I love my 8v but if petrol was cheaper I'd be in a vr.
-
I love my 8v but if petrol was cheaper I'd be in a vr.
Im lucky in that way. This is just a weekend car for me to tinker with and have a bit of fun. Got a greenline skoda for a company car. Thing runs on fresh air pretty much. The wife has a mark 5 gt sport 170 but Im currently banned from driving it!
-
i had the preface gsi msd in between the 16v and 8v and yes it was a nice motor and i know the gti 8v lacked the power but it was funner to drive golfs are unbeatable in my book went in a mates astra coupe turbo few weeks ago and even that didnt amuse me i will always love my mk3's it was the car i passed my test in the car i took my other half to hospital to meet my daughter for the first time been my lil workhorse and IMO i dont think il ever find a car that satisfys me on a day to day basis like a golf does at the moment im in a 1.6 iv owned since passing test but after remaps strait throughs ect it still pulls off the line and up to 70 better than a 8v, :)