GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: dubstar9 on 01 June 2012, 20:23

Title: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: dubstar9 on 01 June 2012, 20:23
Should I fit a Corrado boot spoiler to the Cabrio and if so, which of the following methods?

http://youtu.be/cCiO_JxV0LA

http://youtu.be/iaTvlI4W3bs
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: murraymint on 01 June 2012, 22:45
i like the one in the second video, looks like a lot of work tho
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: Wayne on 02 June 2012, 00:00
What would be the point, not going to be easy.
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: mark-mk3gti on 02 June 2012, 00:15
Nice, prefer second slightly. Make it happen :)
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: dubstar9 on 02 June 2012, 08:55
What would be the point, not going to be easy.

Well, like everyone on here who want to do something different to there Mk3 but without upsetting the lines of the car, the second video would be my choice. At stand still and up to 45mph the cabrio will look standard (making the cut run right across the bootlid from top of each rear lamp) and yes it would cost a bit to do but I already have the dash override switch and the relay (motors are cheap enough on flea bay).

When to look at the cost of fitting Audi door handles (£400 just for the kit from Venom), TT fuel caps, deleting wing repeaters and flushing bumpers it wouldn't look that costly to be different without spoiling the lines of the cabrio. Just my thoughts, others may see it differently, but if we all modified Golf's the same what would be the point of this forum :wink:

Funny last week I placed a bid on a motor complete with spoiler and was out when it finished, missed as I just bid £15 and it went for £16!!!
I got the switch for £4.99 and the relay for £9.99, bootlids go for between £25 & £70 for a Mk4 so parts wise I should get all I need for £100.

Mk3 or Mk4 bootlid??? :undecided:
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: sharki786 on 02 June 2012, 17:09
i love the 1st vid. i say DO IT. will look unique!!!  :cool:
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 02 June 2012, 18:03
i love the 1st vid. i say DO IT. will look unique!!!  :cool:

Wouldn't say I love it but the first one is better than the second one. Go for it, be different. Do what you want with your car mate. :)
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: stainesy on 02 June 2012, 18:55
the first one looks like it has been made better than the seconds. but if you can do the second one and make it work perfect and line up spot on then defo the second one  :cool:
Title: Re: Corrado Boot Spoiler
Post by: dubstar9 on 02 June 2012, 22:40
the first one looks like it has been made better than the seconds. but if you can do the second one and make it work perfect and line up spot on then defo the second one  :cool:

I think if the second ones bottom cut was straight across the bootlid along the same line so the whole of the top lifted upit would look better and align better once in the down position. I don't like the two vertical cuts 2" in from the edges of the bootlid, where as one straight across would be less messy, just my thoughts :wink: