GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: X01X on 01 June 2012, 09:38

Title: **Sorted**
Post by: X01X on 01 June 2012, 09:38
Right, i'm having a go at changing the headliner but i have 2 questions:

1: What type of glue do i use? Halfrauds have cans of spray evostick but will that do the job??

2: When doing the headliner is it best to stretch it over and have it all glued down before i cut out the sun roof hole and grab handle holes or cut these out as i go along??

Cheers Daz
Title: Re: headliner
Post by: X01X on 01 June 2012, 10:18
i'm thinking evostick...
Title: Re: headliner
Post by: X01X on 01 June 2012, 10:35
Nevermind got this stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1L-Heat-Resistant-Automotive-Contact-Glue-Adhesive-A29-/270480606722?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item3ef9e68602
Title: Re: **Sorted**
Post by: Wayne on 01 June 2012, 10:50
I used evostick.
Title: Re: **Sorted**
Post by: Len on 01 June 2012, 10:55
Spray on carpet adhesive would be good.
Title: Re: **Sorted**
Post by: X01X on 01 June 2012, 14:02
I used evostick.

Was thinking of this but heard it 'could' sag and i don't want to run that risk.

Spray on carpet adhesive would be good.

I was looking at spray but apparently you need a lot of glue and of course you can spread lots more on with a litre of glue rather than a can of spray.

I'll put up pics of the end result, should be done next wednesday or thursday as i'm at work till tuesday