GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: murraymint on 31 May 2012, 18:23

Title: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: murraymint on 31 May 2012, 18:23
I found this out while in my old gti, and it also works in my pov spec cl.

As we all no if you push the wiper stalk down you get and intermittent wiper, but, if you push it down, then back up to the off position, count to 5 (or whatever time you want between wipes eg 3seconds or 7 seconds etc) and then push the wiper stalk back down the wipers will now wiper every 5 seconds  :cool:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: 16valver dan on 31 May 2012, 18:25
i certainly didnt maintanience sticky i think
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: DUBboi12 on 31 May 2012, 18:25
I didn't now that but I will try it lol
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: murraymint on 31 May 2012, 18:27
Think everyone will be trying this now  :grin:

I'm not sure the limit on timing but I have had it wiping every 10 seconds  :cool: need to get out more I think  :laugh:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: stainesy on 31 May 2012, 18:38
yep i found out after thinking why is mine a randon speed. then realised how to do it on my last mk3.
havnt been able to do it on this one though as the stalk dont work propply  :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: murraymint on 31 May 2012, 18:39
yep i found out after thinking why is mine a randon speed. then realised how to do it on my last mk3.
havnt been able to do it on this one though as the stalk dont work propply  :rolleyes:

Yh that's how I found out,
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: tweed on 31 May 2012, 18:39
Known this for years  :grin:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: Bellend on 31 May 2012, 18:50
Know and use this regularly. Find it great in the rain, can set it just right without it being overly annoying. :)
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: stainesy on 31 May 2012, 18:52
yeah it has been a long time since iv known this  :grin:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: Screech16v on 31 May 2012, 18:52
Yep also known for years ,was mesin with it one day to see what the biggest delay was possible ,was something like 21 secs,so every time it wiped i sung 21 seconds to go........... :laugh:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: murraymint on 31 May 2012, 18:54
Yep also known for years ,was mesin with it one day to see what the biggest delay was possible ,was something like 21 secs,so every time it wiped i sung 21 seconds to go........... :laugh:

 :laugh:


Just thort I'd post it as I thort that there would be a few people who didn't know ( didn't think I was the only one who knew  :laugh:)
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: search on 31 May 2012, 18:54
found out few months back just assumed everyone knew  :huh:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: Bandit127 on 31 May 2012, 20:29
Call me a noob but I didn't.

And how clever of the VW engineers.

Definitely worth stickying.
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: kodkod.84 on 31 May 2012, 23:17
I only knew cos I'm a sad git who read the instruction manual :)
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: Len on 31 May 2012, 23:24
Was told about it when I first got the car!

This info is already up in info/maintanence if folk would only bother to look! :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: kahunajb on 31 May 2012, 23:38
Worked this out myself after about a week of owning my mk3. :wink:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 01 June 2012, 00:26
I've known this since owning my first Golf. Get with the times man.  :grin:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: Deano2711 on 01 June 2012, 08:20
If Shady knew then there is no reason why anyone should have known this......only joking Bud  :evil:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: JamesS on 01 June 2012, 09:22
On Old Landy’s you can do this and there doesn't seem to be a limit to the intermittent-ness! :shocked:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: spikenipple on 01 June 2012, 14:45
Yeah I worked this one out a while back. Took me longer to work out the timing for getting the rear wiper to turn off though  :grin:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: F17BAD on 01 June 2012, 18:29
Always known this Lol.. its in the Instruction book that comes with the car from new..
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: murraymint on 01 June 2012, 18:36
ah well i helped out three people so thats good.
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: ju571n on 01 June 2012, 21:09
Make it 4 dude  :kiss:

I didn't know either  :shocked:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: murraymint on 01 June 2012, 22:46
Make it 4 dude  :kiss:

I didn't know either  :shocked:


 :cool:
Title: Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
Post by: owenfranssen on 08 June 2012, 15:14
I'll be trying this later! mine are set at about a sec and a half and its been doing my nut :D