GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: dubstar9 on 30 May 2012, 20:52
-
Which way is the best way???
To totally smooth and flush the Mk3 bumpers, minus number plate recess and lights, is it easier and cheaper to have a bodyshop plastic weld and fill them or just buy these - http://www.madmotors.co.uk/catalog/product/gallery/id/58100/image/101607/ - http://www.madmotors.co.uk/catalog/product/gallery/id/58099/image/101605/
I want to keep my VR6 chin spoiler and fit these side skirts - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190661093078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2073wt_1037
Let me know your thoughts and ideas, cheers
-
My bumpers on my vr6 are the same but I still have the fogs and indicators.
Meant to be the look for 2012
Plastic weld is best mate :wink:
-
I want a Duplex exhaust system with Porsche RS teardrop tailpipes so I have cut out off an old rear bumper the moulding around the standard exhaust and was looking at having that plastic welded on the drivers side to look OEM.
So keeping the front bumper light is the best way to go to be down with the kids? :grin:
-
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Not sure if leaving the fogs and indicators is favourite but the whole smoothing bumpers and door handles etc, is meant to be coming back. No more wide arches and poke. A more smooh and sleek look.
-
i really like that look fair play. how much are thos bumpers. makes the back look a lot better.
-
tweed do you have a pic of your bumpers? want to do this to my vr6 while its all rubbed down and i want to keep my fogs/indicators after buying smoked ones :)
-
to smooth it do you not use that P38 stuff?
-
Off the shelf Smoothed bumpers in GRP I've seen available at Mad Motors including prices :wink: :wink:
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoilers-14000/body-kits/vw/vw-golf/vw-golf-mk3/dietrich-vw-golf-mk3-clean-style-front-bumper.html
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoilers-14000/body-kits/vw/vw-golf/vw-golf-mk3/ingo-noak-tuning-vw-golf-mk3-91-99-classic-front-bumper.html
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoilers-14000/body-kits/vw/vw-golf/vw-golf-mk3/ingo-noak-tuning-vw-golf-mk3-91-99-classic-rear-bumper.html
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoilers-14000/body-kits/vw/vw-golf/vw-golf-mk3/pro-street-vw-golf-mk3-clear-look-rear-bumper.html
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoilers-14000/body-kits/vw/vw-golf/vw-golf-mk3/pro-street-vw-golf-mk3-clear-look-rear-lip.html
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spoilers-14000/body-kits/vw/vw-golf/vw-golf-mk3/pro-street-vw-golf-mk3-rs-rear-bumper.html
Sorry about all the other rubbish kits show on this site, the ones above look pretty good.
I was told to use proper bumper filler as P38 won't flex and will crack!!! :undecided:
-
cant you use polyester stopper? my old mans been smoothing parts with it for years and has never had a problem
-
Will have to pop up to my local Plastic Welder for a quote, was thinking about fitting a Mk4 Cabrio bootlid which means I need a number plate recess in the rear bumper or do I hang the rear number plate and fit bolt lights?
-
Those bumpers are proper nice.......£375 quid is a bit expensive though
-
How much have you guys paid for Plastic Welding and smoothing their bumpers???
-
cant you use polyester stopper? my old mans been smoothing parts with it for years and has never had a problem
i thought this was the way it was done too :-/
-
cant you use polyester stopper? my old mans been smoothing parts with it for years and has never had a problem
i thought this was the way it was done too :-/
Its the old schhol way ;) works well! used it to do away my moldings on my old 8v
-
Plastic welding would be OK but may flex and crack.
Personally I would go with the new bumpers.